Affiliation: University Hospital
- Circadian clock characteristics are altered in human thyroid malignant nodulesTiphaine Mannic
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Nutrition, and Hypertension, University Hospital of Geneva, 4 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:4446-56. 2013..The circadian clock represents the body's molecular time-keeping system. Recent findings revealed strong changes of clock gene expression in various types of human cancers...
- Autonomous and self-sustained circadian oscillators displayed in human islet cellsP Pulimeno
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University Hospital of Geneva, Aile Jura 4 771 2, Rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Diabetologia 56:497-507. 2013..The oscillator properties were assessed in intact islets as well as in beta cells...
- A software solution for recording circadian oscillator features in time-lapse live cell microscopyDaniel Sage
Biomedical Imaging Group, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cell Div 5:17. 2010..To our knowledge, these existing software solutions for manual and automatic tracking have strong limitations in tracking individual cells if their plane shifts...
- The mammalian circadian timing system: organization and coordination of central and peripheral clocksCharna Dibner
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Annu Rev Physiol 72:517-49. 2010..Thus, some of the SCN output pathways serve as input pathways for peripheral tissues. Here we discuss knowledge acquired during the past few years on the complex structure and function of the mammalian circadian timing system...
- Biological rhythms and preeclampsiaAgnès J Ditisheim
Hypertension Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Hypertension and Nutrition, Department of Specialties of Medicine and Primary Care, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève Geneva, Switzerland
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 4:47. 2013..Unraveling potential link between circadian clock gene and preeclampsia could offer a novel approach to our understanding of this multi-system disease specific to pregnancy...
- Differential display of DNA-binding proteins reveals heat-shock factor 1 as a circadian transcription factorHans Reinke
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Genes Dev 22:331-45. 2008..Our results also suggest that the new screening method DDDP is not limited to the identification of circadian transcription factors but can be applied to discover novel transcriptional regulators in various biological systems...