J A Desmeules
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Psychological distress in fibromyalgia patients: a role for catechol-O-methyl-transferase Val158met polymorphismJules Desmeules
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva University, Switzerland
Health Psychol 31:242-9. 2012..Among genetic and environmental hypotheses, a role was suggested for catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT), a modulator in the metabolism of monoaminergic neurotransmitters...
- Advances with analgesics and NSAIDs for the treatment of spinal disordersJ A Desmeules
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 16:105-21. 2002....
- Neurophysiologic evidence for a central sensitization in patients with fibromyalgiaJ A Desmeules
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 48:1420-9. 2003....
- Clinical pharmacology and rationale of analgesic combinationsJ Desmeules
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Anaesthesiol Suppl 28:7-11. 2003..Oral fixed drug combination analgesics have potential advantages over monotherapy, but these can only be attained through careful design...
- Genetic polymorphisms and drug interactions modulating CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities have a major effect on oxycodone analgesic efficacy and safetyC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 160:919-30. 2010..The possible role of an active metabolite in the pharmacodynamics of oxycodone has been questioned and the importance of CYP3A-mediated effects on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oxycodone has been poorly explored...
- The effects of CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities on the pharmacokinetics of immediate release oxycodoneC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 160:907-18. 2010..The effects of CYP2D6 and/or CYP3A activity modulation on the pharmacokinetics of oxycodone remains poorly explored...
- Identification and weighting of the most critical "real-life" drug-drug interactions with acenocoumarol in a tertiary care hospitalL Gschwind
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospitals of Geneva, Rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:617-27. 2013..The objective of this study was to identify the most clinically relevant drug-drug interactions (DDIs) at risk of affecting acenocoumarol safety in our tertiary care university hospital, a 2,000 bed institution...
- Applications of CYP450 testing in the clinical settingC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geneva University Hospitals, Rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Diagn Ther 17:165-84. 2013..Genotyping and phenotyping may therefore be considered where dosing guidelines according to CYP genotype have been published, and help identify the right molecule for the right patient...
- Development and validation of a chemical hydrolysis method for dextromethorphan and dextrophan determination in urine samples: application to the assessment of CYP2D6 activity in fibromyalgia patientsY Daali
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geneva University Hospitals, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 861:56-63. 2008..Finally, this assay was used to determine DEM/DOR molar ratios in fibromyalgia patients for the purpose of determining phenotype status for the CYP2D6...
- Impact of genetic polymorphisms and drug-drug interactions on clopidogrel and prasugrel response variabilityV Ancrenaz
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geneva University Hospitals, rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Curr Drug Metab 11:667-77. 2010..The purpose of this review is to critically examine the current literature evaluating the influence of genetic and environmental factors such as unwanted drug-drug interaction affecting clopidogrel and prasugrel antiplatelet activity...