Affiliation: University Hospital
- Case of gynecomastia during paroxetine therapyCristian Damsa
J Clin Psychiatry 64:971. 2003
- Are psychiatric residents still interested in psychoanalysis? A brief reportCristian Damsa
Faculty of Medicine University Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Psychoanal 70:386-91. 2010..Following the residents' responses, our focus group proposed ten commonsense feedbacks for psychoanalysts regarding stimulating young psychiatric residents' interest in psychoanalytic approaches...
- Current status of brain imaging in anxiety disordersCristian Damsa
University of Geneva Psychiatric Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:96-110. 2009..References cited in all trials were searched iteratively to identify missing studies. Our review focused only on the last year's findings...
- Quality of care in Emergency Psychiatry: developing an international networkCristian Damsa
Cantonal Universitary Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Psychiatry 22:411-2. 2007
- Intramuscular olanzapine in patients with borderline personality disorder: an observational study in an emergency roomCristian Damsa
Service d urgences psychiatriques, Centre Hospitalier Régional La Citadelle, 1 Boulevard du Douzième de Ligne, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:51-3. 2007..This is the first open-label study with olanzapine in this setting...
- Heisenberg in the ER: observation appears to reduce involuntary intramuscular injections in a psychiatric emergency serviceCristian Damsa
Service d accueil, d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Cantonal Universitary Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:431-3. 2006....
- [Dissociative disorders: clinical, neurobiological and therapeutical approaches]C Damsa
Service d accueil, d urgences et de liaison psychiatriques Département de psychiatrie HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 2:400-5. 2006..Beyond the inherent singularity of psychotherapeutic intervention, the therapeutic approach varies according to frequently associated comorbidities...
- [Major depressive disorders and psychiatric emergencies: a naturalistic study on crisis intervention relevance]Cristian Damsa
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire de Geneve, Suisse
Can J Psychiatry 50:857-62. 2005..This retrospective study aimed to evaluate the impact of introducing crisis intervention patterns in the emergency unit of a general hospital on the number of admissions and outpatient follow-ups for patients with major depressive disorder...
- Economic impact of crisis intervention in emergency psychiatry: a naturalistic studyCristian Damsa
Emergency and Crisis Intervention Unit, University of Geneva Psychiatric Center, Switzerland
Eur Psychiatry 20:562-6. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the clinical and economic impact of crisis intervention on psychiatric emergency admissions...
- "Dopamine-dependent" side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: a clinical reviewCristian Damsa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1064-8. 2004....
- Recurrence of post-traumatic stress disorder and antiretroviralsCristian Damsa
Emergency and Crisis Intervention Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Scand J Infect Dis 37:313-6. 2005..After recurrence of PTSD, the patient showed an important decrease in viral load and a higher CD4 level despite a bad compliance to antiretrovirals...
- [Predictive factors of suicidal behaviour recurrence in borderline personality disorder patients]L Cailhol
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire de Geneve, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Encephale 33:156-9. 2007....
- [Comparison between Swiss and foreign patients characteristics at the psychiatric emergencies department and the predictive factors of their management strategies]B Baleydier
Clinique d Accueil et Urgences Psychiatriques Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, Geneve
Encephale 29:205-12. 2003..studied two specific questions: 1) are there nationalities differences in diagnosis with respect to the Swiss native population, and 2) are there nationality differences in management of patients visiting a psychiatric emergency service?..
- [Alpha-thalassemias and bipolar disorders: a genetic link?]C Damsa
Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneve 14
Encephale 31:72-5. 2005..Thanks to linkage techniques, one could hope for an improvement in understanding the physiopathology of bipolar disorder, with possible implications at a therapeutic level...
- Violent behavior of patients admitted in emergency following drug suicidal attempt: a specific staff educational crisis interventionLionel Cailhol
Service d accueil d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Cantonal University Hospital Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, Universitary Hospital Geneva 24, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:42-4. 2007..The aim of this study is to investigate the impact of a staff educational crisis intervention (SECI) on the reduction of VB in patients admitted to emergency departments following drug suicidal attempt...
- [Interest of psychiatric guidelines in managing agitation in intensive care]Coralie Lazignac
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Departement de Psychiatrie, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 3:414-9. 2007..In the treatment of agitated patients, an equilibrium needs to be found between the subjective dimension and the available data from evidence based medicine...
- Restless legs syndrome induced by citalopram: a psychiatric emergency?Nader Perroud
Service d accueil, d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Universitary Hospital Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:72-4. 2007..The objective of this case report is to create awareness on restless legs syndrome (RLS) among clinicians working in emergency units...
- A naturalistic study of consecutive agitated emergency department patients treated with intramuscular olanzapine prior to consentCristian Damsa
Am J Psychiatry 165:535-6. 2008
- Viewing videotape of themselves while experiencing delirium tremens could reduce the relapse rate in alcohol-dependent patientsAdriana Mihai
Department of Psychiatry, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Tg Mures, Romania
Addiction 102:226-31. 2007..Our hypothesis about the efficacy of videotapes exposure to DT is consistent with a cognitive behavior model...
- [Panic disorders: differential diagnosis and care in emergencies]Cristian Damsa
Service de psychiatrie de laison et d intervention de crise, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:404-6, 408-9. 2008..Antidepressants (SSRI, venlafaxine) are effective in preventing panic attacks, especially in improving anticipatory anxiety and avoidance behaviour...