Affiliation: University of Geneva
- Human neutral genetic variation and forensic STR dataNuno M Silva
IPATIMUP Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia Molecular da Universidade do Porto, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e49666. 2012....
- Signals of recent spatial expansions in the grey mouse lemur (Microcebus murinus)Nicole Schneider
Institute of Zoology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, 30559 Hannover, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 10:105. 2010....
- Human genetic differentiation across the Strait of GibraltarMathias Currat
Laboratory of Anthropology, Genetics and Peopling History AGP, Department of Anthropology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Evol Biol 10:237. 2010..Then, we use an original simulation approach in order to infer the most probable evolutionary scenario for the settlement of the area, taking into account the effects of both demography and natural selection at some loci...
- Strong reproductive isolation between humans and Neanderthals inferred from observed patterns of introgressionMathias Currat
Anthropology, Genetics, and Peopling History Laboratory, Anthropology Unit, Department of Genetics and Evolution, University of Geneva, 1227 Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:15129-34. 2011..This hypothesis could be tested because it predicts that different components of Neanderthal ancestry should be present in Europeans and in Asians...
- Intra-deme molecular diversity in spatially expanding populationsNicolas Ray
Genetics and Biometry Lab, Department of Anthropology and Ecology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Biol Evol 20:76-86. 2003..The fact that molecular diversity within deme is so dependent on recent levels of gene flow suggests that it should be possible to estimate Nm values from samples drawn from a single deme...
- SPLATCHE2: a spatially explicit simulation framework for complex demography, genetic admixture and recombinationNicolas Ray
EnviroSPACE laboratory, Climate Change and Climate Impacts, Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Geneva, Battelle Building D, 7 route de Drize, 1227 Carouge, Switzerland
Bioinformatics 26:2993-4. 2010..For model parameter estimation, SPLATCHE2 can easily be integrated into an Approximate Bayesian Computation (ABC) framework...
- Molecular analysis of the beta-globin gene cluster in the Niokholo Mandenka population reveals a recent origin of the beta(S) Senegal mutationMathias Currat
Genetics and Biometry Laboratory, Department of Anthropology and Ecology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Hum Genet 70:207-23. 2002....
- The hidden side of invasions: massive introgression by local genesMathias Currat
Computational and Molecular Population Genetics Laboratory, Institute of Zoology, University of Bern, Baltzerstrasse 6, 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Evolution 62:1908-20. 2008..Our results imply that speciation genes can be identified by comparing genomes of interfertile native and invading species pairs...
- Impact of selection and demography on the diffusion of lactase persistencePascale Gerbault
Laboratory of Anthropology, Genetics and Peopling History AGP, Department of Anthropology and Ecology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 4:e6369. 2009..In this work, we test the validity of these two hypotheses on a large worldwide dataset of lactase persistence frequencies by using several complementary approaches...
- Distinct evolutionary strategies of human leucocyte antigen loci in pathogen-rich environmentsAlicia Sanchez-Mazas
Laboratory of Anthropology, Genetics and Peopling History AGP, Department of Genetics and Evolution, University of Geneva, Geneva 4, Switzerland
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 367:830-9. 2012....
- Investigating European genetic history through computer simulationsMathias Currat
Laboratory of Anthropology, Genetics and Peopling History AGP, Department of Genetics and Evolution Anthropology Unit, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Hered 76:142-53. 2013..Genetic data can thus be used to draw inferences on the population history of Europe using appropriate statistical methods such as computer simulation, which constitutes a powerful tool to study complex models...