Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Why do schizophrenic patients smoke?]K Cattapan-Ludewig
Psychiatrische Poliklinik, Inselspital, Bern, Schweiz
Nervenarzt 76:287-94. 2005..Possible pharmacotherapeutic approaches for the regulation of abnormal neurotransmission at nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are discussed...
- Rapid visual information processing in schizophrenic patients: the impact of cognitive load and duration of stimulus presentation. A pilot studyKatja Cattapan-Ludewig
Department of Research, Psychiatric Services of Aargau, Brugg, Switzerland
Neuropsychobiology 52:130-4. 2005..This finding supports the hypothesis that patients have an impaired ability to coactivate different cognitive performances; thus the results favor the theory of impaired functional connectivity in schizophrenia...
- Decision-making dysregulation in first-episode schizophreniaKatja Cattapan-Ludewig
University Hospital of Psychiatry, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:157-60. 2008..These results indicate that behavioral abnormalities during the two-choice prediction task are already present during the early stages of the illness...
- Repeated measurements of learned irrelevance by a novel within-subject paradigm in humansAriane Orosz
Laboratory of Behavioral Biology, ETH Zurich
Behav Brain Res 180:1-3. 2007..Thus, the new paradigm enables repeated measurements of LIrr and might be useful in evaluating long-term effects of medication in psychiatric disorders exhibiting aberrant LIrr...
- Multi-parametric classification of Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment: the impact of quantitative magnetization transfer MR imagingClaus Kiefer
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Neuroimage 48:657-67. 2009..In our cohort, the MT ratio, as proposed in previous reports, did not differentiate between MCI and AD or healthy controls and MCI, but between healthy controls and AD...
- Information-processing deficits and cognitive dysfunction in panic disorderStephan Ludewig
Department of Research, Psychiatric Services of Aargau Canton, Brugg, Switzerland
J Psychiatry Neurosci 30:37-43. 2005..Moreover, we tested whether there was a relation between startle reflex measures and dysfunctional cognition...
- Deficient associative learning in drug-naive first-episode schizophrenia: results obtained using a new visual within-subjects learned irrelevance paradigmAriane T Orosz
Laboratory of Behavioural Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Behav Brain Res 193:101-7. 2008..While healthy controls exhibited a robust LIrr effect, patients still failed to show LIrr. Correlations were found between the performance of unmedicated patients and the depression component of the PANSS psychopathology scale...
- Cognitive functioning in the schizophrenia prodromeAndor E Simon
Department of Psychiatry, Specialized Outpatient Service for Early Psychosis, Psychiatric Outpatient Services, 4104 Bruderholz, Switzerland
Schizophr Bull 33:761-71. 2007....
- Electric sensations: neglected symptom of escitalopram discontinuationNadia Feth
Am J Psychiatry 163:160. 2006
- [Psychiatry without smoking is an illusion]Katja Cattapan-Ludewig
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie, Universitat Bern, Bern, Schweitz
Psychiatr Prax 35:5-7. 2008