Affiliation: University of Bern
- Possible involvement of plant ABC transporters in cadmium detoxification: a cDNA sub-microarray approachLucien Bovet
IPS, University of Bern, Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
Environ Int 31:263-7. 2005..The characterization of such transporters is of great interest for developing molecular biology approaches in phytoremediation...
- AtATM3 is involved in heavy metal resistance in ArabidopsisDo Young Kim
National Research Laboratory of Phytoremediation, Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea
Plant Physiol 140:922-32. 2006..In conclusion, our data show that AtATM3 contributes to Cd resistance and suggest that it may mediate transport of glutamine synthetase-conjugated Cd(II) across the mitochondrial membrane...
- Crosstalk and differential response to abiotic and biotic stressors reflected at the transcriptional level of effector genes from secondary metabolismSabine Glombitza
Department of Environmental Engineering, Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology, Institute of Developmental Genetics, National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 54:817-35. 2004..Furthermore, homologous members within branches of these effector gene families displayed differential expression patterns either in both organs or during stress responses arguing for their non-redundant functions...
- The ABC transporter AtPDR8 is a cadmium extrusion pump conferring heavy metal resistanceDo Young Kim
POSTECH UZH Cooperative Laboratory, Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Korea
Plant J 50:207-18. 2007..As AtPDR8 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogen response and in the transport of chemicals that mediate pathogen resistance, this ABC protein is likely to transport a very broad range of substrates...
- Multifunctionality of plant ABC transporters--more than just detoxifiersEnrico Martinoia
Institut de Botanique, Laboratoire de Physiologie Vegetale, Universite de Neuchatel, Switzerland
Planta 214:345-55. 2002....
- Family business: the multidrug-resistance related protein (MRP) ABC transporter genes in Arabidopsis thalianaH Uner Kolukisaoglu
Universitat zu Koln, Botanik II AG Flügge, Max Delbruck Laboratorium in der Max Planck Gesellschaft, Germany
Planta 216:107-19. 2002..This work opens the way for the defined analysis of a multigene family of important membrane transporters whose broad variety of functions expands their traditional role as cellular detoxifiers...
- MDR-like ABC transporter AtPGP4 is involved in auxin-mediated lateral root and root hair developmentDiana Santelia
Zurich Basel Plant Science Center, Institute of Plant Biology, Molecular Plant Physiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 579:5399-5406. 2005..These results together with yeast growth assays suggest a direct involvement of AtPGP4 in auxin transport processes controlling lateral root and root hair development...
- AtOSA1, a member of the Abc1-like family, as a new factor in cadmium and oxidative stress responseMichal Jasinski
University of Zurich, Institute of Plant Biology, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Physiol 147:719-31. 2008..Our data suggest that the chloroplast AtOSA1 protein is a new factor playing a role in the balance of oxidative stress...