Affiliation: University Children's Hospital
- Adverse events following immunization: perception and evidenceJan Bonhoeffer
University Children s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Infect Dis 20:237-46. 2007..The aim of this article is to highlight the evidence on new and ongoing vaccine safety concerns in the light of several vaccines recently licensed and others made available and recommended more widely...
- The Brighton Collaboration-enhancing vaccine safetyJan Bonhoeffer
Division of Pediatrics Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, University Children s Hospital, P O Box 8, 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 22:2046. 2004
- Aseptic meningitis: case definition and guidelines for collection, analysis and presentation of immunization safety dataTerhi Tapiainen
University Children s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 25:5793-802. 2007
- Three-year surveillance of intussusception in children in SwitzerlandMichael Buettcher
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital Basel, PO Box 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Pediatrics 120:473-80. 2007..We attempted to obtain baseline data on the incidence of intussusception and its association with gastroenteritis in a cross-sectional observational study in children...
- Human metapneumovirus infections--biannual epidemics and clinical findings in children in the region of Basel, SwitzerlandUlrich Heininger
University Children s Hospital UKBB, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 168:1455-60. 2009..RSV epidemics usually follow a reciprocal biannual pattern, leading to annually alternating major RSV and hMPV epidemics...
- Procalcitonin Guidance to Reduce Antibiotic Treatment of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection in Children and Adolescents (ProPAED): A Randomized Controlled TrialGurli Baer
Department of Pediatrics, University Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e68419. 2013..Antibiotics are overused in children and adolescents with lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI). Serum-procalcitonin (PCT) can be used to guide treatment when bacterial infection is suspected. Its role in pediatric LRTI is unclear...
- Current status and future directions of post-marketing vaccine safety monitoring with focus on USA and EuropeJan Bonhoeffer
Brighton Collaboration Foundation, Basel, Postfach 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Biologicals 40:393-7. 2012..Concerted action between the US and Europe could move vaccine safety monitoring to today's level of requirements globally and should be pursued...
- The Brighton Collaboration: addressing the need for standardized case definitions of adverse events following immunization (AEFI)Jan Bonhoeffer
University Children s Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 21:298-302. 2002..Comparability requires the availability of standardized case definitions for adverse events following immunization (AEFI) and guidelines for case determination, recording and data presentation...
- Persistent crying in infants and children as an adverse event following immunization: case definition and guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentationJan Bonhoeffer
University Children s Hospital, PO Box 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 22:586-91. 2004
- Prospective surveillance of hospitalisations associated with varicella-zoster virus infections in children and adolescentsJan Bonhoeffer
Division of Paediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital, P O Box, 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 164:366-70. 2005..CONCLUSION: This study describes a sizeable hospitalisation and complication rate of varicella-zoster virus infections and provides a solid basis for future immunisation recommendations in Switzerland...
- Prospective study on central venous line associated bloodstream infectionsMine Wagner
University Children s Hospital Basel UKBB, PO Box CH 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Dis Child 96:827-31. 2011..To prospectively assess the incidence rates and characteristics of central venous line associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) in one institution...
- Evaluation of the Brighton Collaboration case definition of acute intussusception during active surveillanceTerhi Tapiainen
University Children Hospital, Division of Pediatrics Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, Post Box, 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 24:1483-7. 2006..In conclusion, the case definition was useful and applicable to assess the background rate of intussusception in the light of potential future rotavirus immunization...
- Seroprevalence and immunization history of selected vaccine preventable diseases in medical studentsGurli Baer
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital Basel, P O Box 8, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Vaccine 23:2016-20. 2005..In conclusion, the great majority of medical students had immunization gaps. Systematic immunization programmes for medical students should be implemented...
- The Brighton Collaboration: enhancing comparability of vaccine safety dataKatrin S Kohl
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Immunization Program, 1600 Clifton Rd, Mailstop E 61, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:335-40. 2003
- Protection against vaccine-preventable diseases in medical studentsGurli Baer
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital Basel, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:373-4. 2003
- The development of standardized case definitions and guidelines for adverse events following immunizationKatrin S Kohl
Vaccine 25:5671-4. 2007