Affiliation: University of Basel
- Fear conditioning in posttraumatic stress disorder: evidence for delayed extinction of autonomic, experiential, and behavioural responsesJens Blechert
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, University of Basel, Missionsstrasse 60 62, CH 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Behav Res Ther 45:2019-33. 2007..In addition, there was some evidence that a subgroup of PTSD patients had difficulties in learning the CS-US contingency, thereby providing preliminary evidence of reduced discrimination learning...
- Respiratory, autonomic, and experiential responses to repeated inhalations of 20% CO₂ enriched air in panic disorder, social phobia, and healthy controlsJens Blechert
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, University of Freiburg, Germany
Biol Psychol 84:104-11. 2010..Both patient groups showed continued reactivity during the last air inhalations, which is unlikely to be due to a biological sensitivity...
- Temporal stability and coherence of anxiety, dyspnea, and physiological variables in panic disorderSusan C A Burkhardt
University of Basel, Institute of Psychology, NCCR sesam National Center of Competence in Research Swiss Etiological Study of Adjustment and Mental Health, Switzerland
Biol Psychol 85:226-32. 2010..Thus in PD, experienced anxiety and dyspnea are temporally unstable but are correlated with each other and with fluctuations in respiratory and autonomic variables, even in the absence of panic attacks...
- Autonomic and respiratory characteristics of posttraumatic stress disorder and panic disorderJens Blechert
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Basel, Missionsstrasse 60 62, CH 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Psychosom Med 69:935-43. 2007..In contrast, PD has been associated with respiratory abnormalities such as low end-tidal Pco(2). An integrated analysis of automatic and respiratory function in a direct comparison of these anxiety disorders is currently lacking...
- Reinstatement of fear in humans: autonomic and experiential responses in a differential conditioning paradigmSandra Kull
Faculty of Psychology, Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Basel, Missionsstrasse 60 62, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Acta Psychol (Amst) 140:43-9. 2012..Results are discussed with respect to context conditioning, fear generalisation, and anxiety-related cognitive mechanisms underlying fear recovery after extinction...
- Fear conditioning in panic disorder: Enhanced resistance to extinctionTanja Michael
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Abnorm Psychol 116:612-7. 2007..This suggests that PD patients show enhanced conditionability with respect to extinction...
- Respiratory pathophysiology of panic disorder: an ambulatory monitoring studyMonique C Pfaltz
Faculty of Psychology, Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Basel, CH 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Psychosom Med 71:869-76. 2009....
- Electrocortical processing of food and emotional pictures in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosaJens Blechert
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Psychosom Med 73:415-21. 2011..Conclusions Patients with eating disorders show a generalized attentional bias for food images, regardless of caloric value. This might explain the persistent preoccupation with food in these individuals...
- The influence of state anxiety on the acquisition and extinction of fearNoortje Vriends
Department of Psychology, Division of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University Basel, Missionsstrasse 62a, CH 4055, Basel, Switzerland
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 42:46-53. 2011..Since these studies provide circumstantial evidence for a causal link between anxiety and conditionability we examined fear conditionability after experimental induction of anxiety in two experiments...
- Post-event processing in children with social phobiaJulian Schmitz
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, University of Freiburg, Engelbergerstrasse 41, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
J Abnorm Child Psychol 38:911-9. 2010..The SP group rated their performance immediately after the TSST-C as worse compared to HCs and ratings remained stable over the following 2.5 h. Results are discussed in relation to current theories of SP...
- A body-related dot-probe task reveals distinct attentional patterns for bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosaJens Blechert
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychology, University of Freiburg, Engelbergerstrasse 41, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Abnorm Psychol 119:575-85. 2010..This is the first evidence of an attentional bias for self-photos over other photos in the AN group and for fundamental attentional differences between AN and BN...
- Identifying anxiety states using broad sampling and advanced processing of peripheral physiological informationJens Blechert
Institute for Psychology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Biomed Sci Instrum 42:136-41. 2006..Results demonstrate the necessity to include measures from multiple response domains for an adequate assessment of anxiety states. Furthermore, our results point to the significance of respiratory parameters in anxiety assessment...