Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Sexual life, future of the couple, and contraception after voluntary pregnancy termination. Prospective study in Geneva (Switzerland) with 103 women]Eliane Perrin
Division de psychiatrie de liaison, Département de Gynécologie et d Obstétrique, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve
Rev Med Suisse Romande 122:257-60. 2002..Study the impact of termination of pregnancy on women sexuality, contraceptive behaviour and couple relationship...
- [Sexuality, heart and chocolate]F Bianchi-Demicheli
Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 9:624, 626-9. 2013..Nevertheless, randomized studies are needed to confirm these hypotheses and to elaborate recommendations about cacao consumption...
- [Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: diagnosis and therapeutic strategy]F Bianchi-Demicheli
Département de psychiatrie et Unité d endocrinologie gynécologique et de médecine de la reproduction, Département de gynécologie obstétrique, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 2:393-4, 397-9. 2006..Until recently, only few of these treatments were evaluated in carefully designed research studies and even fewer were shown to be effective. Here, we discuss the different therapeutic options for PMDD...
- Contraceptive counselling and social representations: a qualitative studyF Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 136:127-34. 2006..It is of interest to explore the representations of professionals who give advice on contraception, since their views could have an impact on contraceptive use...
- [Psychiatric and psychological consequences of abortion]Francesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Département de psychiatrie Rue des Pitons 15, 1205 Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 3:401-2, 404, 406-7. 2007..Moreover, recent studies reinforce the importance to address the consequences of abortion with a multidisciplinary approach integrating somatic and psychologic components...
- Imaginary pregnancy 10 years after abortion and sterilization in a menopausal woman: a case reportF Bianchi-Demicheli
Clinic of Infertility and Gynaecologic Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Geneva Hospitals, 32 Boulevard de la Cluse, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Maturitas 48:479-81. 2004
- [Male sexual function after stroke]F Bianchi-Demicheli
Consultation de gynécologie psychosomatique et sexologie, Service accueil, urgences et liaison psychiatriques, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 3:805-8. 2007..After stroke it is important to evaluate the relational and sexual aspects of the patient and his sexual partner. A specialized consultation should be proposed when necessary to optimise the patient's post-stroke rehabilitation...
- The power of love on the human brainFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Soc Neurosci 1:90-103. 2006..The parallel between love and passion allows us to interpret these facilitation effects as corresponding to cognitive top-down processes within a motivation-enhanced neural network...
- Contraceptive practice before and after termination of pregnancy: a prospective studyFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Geneva Hospitals, 32 Boulevard de la Cluse, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Contraception 67:107-13. 2003..Counseling should emphasize not only protection against an unwanted pregnancy but also protection against sexually transmitted diseases, which is often perceived as a less important issue following TOP...
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: current status of treatmentFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Clinic of Infertility and Gynaecological Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Geneva University Hospitals, 32 Boulevard de la Cluse, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 132:574-8. 2002..Several treatment options for PMDD with varying degrees of efficacy have been proposed. The literature is reviewed and treatments of proven efficacy are reported...
- "Sleeping Beauty paraphilia": deviant desire in the context of bodily self-image disturbance in a patient with a fronto-parietal traumatic brain injuryFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Emergency and Liaison Services, Geneva University Psychiatric Center, Switzerland
Med Sci Monit 16:CS15-7. 2010..In multiple sclerosis, hypersexual behavior and paraphilias have been associated with various focal brain lesions in the frontal and temporal lesions when inflammatory demyelination involves the hypothalamus and septal regions...
- Contraception and sexuality after termination of pregnancy: a comparison between Lugano and GenevaF Bianchi-Demicheli
Clinic of Infertility and Gynaecological Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 131:515-20. 2001..To evaluate the impact of a voluntary termination of pregnancy (TOP) on contraceptive practice and sexual well-being in women...
- Sexuality, partner relations and contraceptive practice after termination of pregnancyF Bianchi-Demicheli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 22:83-90. 2001..Six months after TOP, the large majority of women interviewed seemed able to cope with TOP. A minority presented some persisting sexual dysfunction and/or some psychosomatic symptoms...
- [Heart failure and sexual dysfunction]L Sekoranja
Département de médecine interne et service des urgences, HUG, Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 4:763-7. 2008..Fear of cardiac events during intercourse can interfere with patients' ability to perform and enjoy sex, and thus, it is important that the physician be able to counsel patients with chronic heart failure about sexual activity...
- [Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: approach and treatment]F Bianchi-Demicheli
Clinique de stérilité et endocrinologie gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 32, Boulevard de la Cluse, 1211 Geneve, 14, Suisse
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 31:49-54. 2003..Several therapies were proposed. The most effective treatment seem to be the selective inhibitors of the of serotonin reuptake...
- Erectile dysfunction: to prescribe or not to prescribe?F Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Impot Res 17:381-2. 2005..This brief report presents a case study highlighting this complexity...
- Prospective evaluation of early postoperative male and female sexual function after radical prostatectomy with erectile nerves preservationS N Tran
Division of Urologic Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Impot Res 27:69-74. 2015..Furthermore, we found that conjugal complicity remains stable throughout the first semestrial postoperative period despite the decrease in sexual function...
- [Erectile dysfunction: a potential useful marker for cardiovascular disease]L Sekoranja
Departement de Psychiatrie, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 2:774-6, 778. 2006....
- Women's knowledge and opinions of emergency contraceptionL Nguyen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 82:229-30. 2003
- [Sexual function after radical prostatectomy: update of 2009]S N Tran
Service d Urologie, Departement de Chirurgie, HUG, Geneva
Rev Med Suisse 5:2448-51. 2009..However, rehabilitation and sexual counselling protocols are rare and may not include the partner. This has led us to propose a specific urologic and sexologic associated management...
- Termination of pregnancy and women's sexualityFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Gynecol Obstet Invest 53:48-53. 2002..To determine the influence of termination of pregnancy (TOP) on women's sexuality...
- Correlation between insula activation and self-reported quality of orgasm in womenStephanie Ortigue
Dartmouth Brain Imaging Center, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth College, 6162 Moore Hall, Hanover, NH, USA
Neuroimage 37:551-60. 2007....
- [Interactions between human sexual arousal and sexual desire: a challenge for social neuroscience]Stephanie Ortigue
Sage Center for the Study of the Mind, Department of Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Rev Med Suisse 3:809-13. 2007..Recent functional imaging has played a key role in seeking to isolate brain regions specific to sexual arousal. This field may represent a new challenge for social neuroscience...
- "Dopamine-dependent" side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: a clinical reviewCristian Damsa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1064-8. 2004....
- Intensive short-term dynamic sex therapy: a proposalFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and infertility, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Sex Marital Ther 31:57-72. 2005..This method helps to translate psychic and sexual realities in a simple, rapid, and efficient manner. It provides opportunities for awareness and comprehension to the therapist and the patient...