Affiliation: University Hospital
- On pelvic reference lines and the MR evaluation of genital prolapse: a proposal for standardization using the Pelvic Inclination Correction SystemC Betschart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int Urogynecol J 24:1421-8. 2013..Based on bony structures and the body axis, the PICS system corrects for variation in pelvic inclination, at rest of straining, and allows for the standardized measurement of organ displacement in the direction of prolapse. ..
- Pelvic floor muscle training for urinary incontinence: a comparison of outcomes in premenopausal versus postmenopausal womenCornelia Betschart
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 19:219-24. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare subjective PFMT outcome in premenopausal versus postmenopausal women...
- Randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial with Bryophyllum pinnatum versus placebo for the treatment of overactive bladder in postmenopausal womenCornelia Betschart
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Phytomedicine 20:351-8. 2013..In vitro experiments of Bryophyllum pinnatum (BP) on porcine bladder muscle have shown a muscle-relaxing effect. In this clinical trial we evaluated BP versus placebo regarding efficacy and safety...
- Histomorphological analysis of the urogenital diaphragm in elderly women: a cadaver studyC Betschart
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 10, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1477-81. 2008..Smooth muscle was also found but to a lesser extent. The frequently used English term "perineal membrane" for the urogenital diaphragm is justified and well describes our findings in elderly women...
- Bryophyllum pinnatum inhibits detrusor contractility in porcine bladder strips--a pharmacological study towards a new treatment option of overactive bladderV Schuler
Department of Obstetrics, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Phytomedicine 19:947-51. 2012..We have therefore investigated the inhibitory effects of leaf press juice from Bryophyllum pinnatum (Lam.) Oken (Kalanchoe pinnata L.) on bladder strips and compared the effects to that of oxybutynin...