Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Localization of steroid hormone receptors in the apocrine sweat glands of the human axillaKonstantin Beier
Anatomisches Institut, Pestalozzistrasse 20, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 123:61-5. 2005..Accordingly, the results of this study establish a possible link between steroid hormone action and induction of pheromone production in the apocrine axillary glands...
- Bursa tract diverticulum in the hermaphroditic land snail Arianta arbustorum (Stylommatophora: Helicidae): morphology, function, and evolutionary implicationsKathleen Beese
Department of Environmental Sciences, Section of Conservation Biology NLU, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Morphol 267:940-53. 2006..We propose that the diverticulum in A. arbustorum has evolved in response to selection pressures imposed by divergent evolutionary interests between male and female function...
- Postnatal Schwann cell proliferation but not myelination is strictly and uniquely dependent on cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (cdk4)Suzana Atanasoski
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:519-27. 2008....
- Reduction of BMP4 activity by gremlin 1 enables ureteric bud outgrowth and GDNF/WNT11 feedback signalling during kidney branching morphogenesisOdysse Michos
Developmental Genetics, DKBW Centre for Biomedicine, University of Basel Medical Faculty, Mattenstrasse 28, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 134:2397-405. 2007....
- Gremlin-mediated BMP antagonism induces the epithelial-mesenchymal feedback signaling controlling metanephric kidney and limb organogenesisOdysse Michos
Developmental Genetics, Dept of Clinical Biological Sciences DKBW University of Basel Medical School, c o Anatomy Institute, Pestalozzistrasse 20, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Development 131:3401-10. 2004..As a consequence, the metanephric mesenchyme is eliminated by apoptosis, in the same way as the core mesenchymal cells of the limb bud...
- Effect of carnitine deprivation on carnitine homeostasis and energy metabolism in mice with systemic carnitine deficiencyAndrea Caroline Knapp
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Department of Research, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Nutr Metab 52:136-44. 2008..The effects of carnitine deprivation on carnitine homeostasis and energy metabolism are not known in jvs-/- mice...