Affiliation: University Hospital
- Femoroacetabular impingement as a factor in the development of nonunion of the femoral neck: a report of three casesMartin Beck
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Orthop Trauma 18:425-30. 2004..Description of an anatomic condition where a femoroacetabular impingement was identified as the cause for the development of nonunion of the femoral neck...
- Gluteus minimus-induced femoral head deformation in dysplasia of the hipM Beck
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Berne, Inselspital, Switzerland
Acta Orthop Scand 72:13-7. 2001..In the hip without notching, the gluteus minimus was atrophied with signs of fatty degeneration. We therefore believe that lateral notching is a sign of hypertonicity of the gluteus minimus muscle...
- Hip morphology influences the pattern of damage to the acetabular cartilage: femoroacetabular impingement as a cause of early osteoarthritis of the hipM Beck
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery University of Bern, Inselspital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:1012-8. 2005..Both cam and pincer impingement lead to osteoarthritis of the hip. Labral damage indicates ongoing impingement and rarely occurs alone...
- Hip damage occurs at the zone of femoroacetabular impingementM Tannast
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Murtenstrasse, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:273-80. 2008..LEVEL OF EVIDENCE: Level II, diagnostic study. See the Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence...
- Cartilage damage in femoroacetabular impingement (FAI): preliminary results on comparison of standard diagnostic vs delayed gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of cartilage (dGEMRIC)B Bittersohl
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:1297-306. 2009..We used standard grading of OA by Tonnis grade on standard radiographs and morphological grading of cartilage in MRI for comparative analysis...
- Entry point soft tissue damage in antegrade femoral nailing: a cadaver studyC Dora
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Orthop Trauma 15:488-93. 2001....
- The acetabular blood supply: implications for periacetabular osteotomiesM Beck
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Surg Radiol Anat 25:361-7. 2003..Some uncertainty remains about how much correction is tolerated by the smaller blood vessels...
- Free nerve endings in the ligamentum capitis femorisM Leunig
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, Switzerland
Acta Orthop Scand 71:452-4. 2000..We found FNE in all LCF, with no association to age. The presence of FNE in the LCF suggests a role in noci-/proprioception of the hip...
- [Femoroacetabular impingement: trigger for the development of coxarthrosis]M Leunig
Orthopädische Klinik Balgrist, Universitat, Zurich, Schweiz
Orthopade 35:77-84. 2006..Therefore, early appreciation of FAI and timely therapeutic intervention as well as professional and athletic adjustment are important if osteoarthritis is to be prevented...
- [Bilateral post-traumatic acetabular dysplasia]J Stäbe-Heyl
Klinik fur Orthopadische Chirurgie, Kantonsspital, Brauer Strasse 15, CH 8400, Winterthur, Schweiz
Orthopade 35:566-70. 2006..We present a case of bilateral post-traumatic acetabular dysplasia, which to our knowledge has not been reported. The morphology and the symptoms of impingement and periacetabular osteotomy of the hip joint are discussed...
- Total hip arthroplasty in young adults after failed triple innominate osteotomyC L Peters
Department of Orthopedics, University of Utah, 50 North Medical Drive, Room 3B165, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Arthroplasty 16:188-95. 2001....