Affiliation: University of Zurich
- Axonin-1/TAG-1 is required for pathfinding of granule cell axons in the developing cerebellumThomas Baeriswyl
Institute of Zoology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Neural Dev 3:7. 2008..Axonin-1/TAG-1 was shown to promote neurite outgrowth in vitro and to be required for commissural and sensory axon pathfinding in vivo...
- Sonic hedgehog guides post-crossing commissural axons both directly and indirectly by regulating Wnt activityElena Domanitskaya
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 30:11167-76. 2010..Thus, Shh affects post-crossing axon guidance both directly and indirectly by regulating Wnt function...
- Temporal control of gene silencing by in ovo electroporationThomas Baeriswyl
Institute of Zoology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Methods Mol Biol 442:231-44. 2008..The combination of the easy accessibility of the chicken embryo and RNAi provides a unique opportunity for temporal and spatial control of gene silencing during development...
- Nectin-like molecules/SynCAMs are required for post-crossing commissural axon guidanceVera Niederkofler
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Development 137:427-35. 2010..It is expressed by floorplate cells and interacts with Necls/SynCAMs expressed by commissural axons to mediate a turning response in post-crossing commissural axons...
- Sonic hedgehog guides commissural axons along the longitudinal axis of the spinal cordDimitris Bourikas
University of Zurich, Institute of Zoology, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Neurosci 8:297-304. 2005..Rather, functional in vivo studies showed that the repulsive effect of Shh on postcommissural axons was mediated by Hedgehog interacting protein (Hip)...
- Gene Silencing by Injection and Electroporation of dsRNA in Avian EmbryosOlivier Mauti
Institute of Zoology, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
CSH Protoc 2008:pdb.prot5094. 2008..Proteins with slow turnover may require RNAi at earlier stages, ideally before the onset of gene expression. The electroporation parameters can be adjusted such that only a specific population of neurons is targeted in the spinal cord...