Affiliation: Tuberculosis and Malaria
- The 10-year struggle to provide antiretroviral treatment to people with HIV in the developing worldBernhard Schwartlander
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 368:541-6. 2006
- Methods and procedures for estimating HIV/AIDS and its impact: the UNAIDS/WHO estimates for the end of 2001Neff Walker
Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
AIDS 17:2215-25. 2003..The importance of having comparable country-specific estimates of HIV/AIDS is growing as estimates are used to determine how international resources to fight HIV/AIDS will be allocated to countries...
- Making performance-based funding work for healthDaniel Low-Beer
Performance Evaluation and Policy Unit, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS Med 4:e219. 2007
- HIV surveillance: a global perspectiveElizabeth Pisani
The Joint United Nations Program on HIV AIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:S3-11. 2003..In most countries, however, insufficient use is made of the information generated by these systems in terms of strengthening HIV prevention and care programs...
- Towards an improved investment approach for an effective response to HIV/AIDSBernhard Schwartlander
Joint United Nations Programme on HIV AIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 377:2031-41. 2011..The framework is cost effective at $1060 per life-year gained, and the additional investment proposed would be largely offset from savings in treatment costs alone...