Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Widefield fluorescence microscopy with extended resolutionAndreas Stemmer
Nanotechnology Group, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, Tannenstrasse 3, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 130:807-17. 2008..We will also discuss extensions to total internal reflection microscopy, non-linear microscopy, and three-dimensional imaging...
- Simplified approach to diffraction tomography in optical microscopyReto Fiolka
Nanotechnology Group, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Opt Express 17:12407-17. 2009..Using the first order Born approximation for weakly scattering objects it is possible to obtain estimates of the scattering density from the exitwaves...
- Virtual slit scanning microscopyReto Fiolka
Nanotechnology Group, ETH Zurich, Tannenstrasse 3, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 128:499-505. 2007..System performance is evaluated against a spinning disk confocal microscope on identical specimens. The virtual slit scanning microscope works as the spinning disk type and outperforms on thick specimens...
- Variable phase retarder made of a dielectric elastomer actuatorMarkus Beck
Nanotechnology Group, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Opt Lett 34:803-5. 2009..We show the dynamics for periodic phase modulation and demonstrate a simple drive technique for fast phase stepping. The polymer-based device is inexpensive, easy to fabricate, and its design can be adapted to specific applications...
- Synthesis of compounds presenting three and four anthracene units as potential connectors to mediate infinite lateral growth at the air/water interfaceCindy Münzenberg
Department of Materials, Institute of Polymers, HCI 541, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Chemistry 14:10797-807. 2008..Such sheets are referred to as 2D polymers and are considered a prime goal of chemical synthesis with intriguing applications...