Jan Dietrich Reinhardt
Affiliation: Swiss Paraplegic Centre
- Socioeconomic position, psychosocial work environment and disability in an ageing workforce: a longitudinal analysis of SHARE data from 11 European countriesJan D Reinhardt
Epidemiology of Functioning and Disability, Swiss Paraplegic Research, Nottwil, Lucerne 6207, Switzerland
Occup Environ Med 70:156-63. 2013..We further assumed that the association of socioeconomic position with disability is partly mediated by exposure to adverse working conditions...
- Explaining the disability paradox: a cross-sectional analysis of the Swiss general populationBernd Fellinghauer
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Guido A, Zäch Str 4, 6207 Nottwil, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 12:655. 2012..We aim to study the role of contextual factors (i.e. the personal and environmental situation) in explaining the disability paradox...
- Social inequalities of functioning and perceived health in Switzerland--a representative cross-sectional analysisJan D Reinhardt
Swiss Paraplegic Research SPF, Nottwil, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e38782. 2012..Social factors play a significant role in the experience of health, even in a wealthy country such as Switzerland. These findings await confirmation in other, particularly lower resourced settings...
- Visual perception and appraisal of persons with impairments: a randomised controlled field experiment using photo elicitationJan Dietrich Reinhardt
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Nottwil, 6207 Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 33:441-52. 2011..The main objective of this pilot study is to examine whether visual stimuli of impairment activate latent prejudice against disability and whether this connection can be counteracted with priming strategies...
- Functioning and disability in people living with spinal cord injury in high- and low-resourced countries: a comparative analysis of 14 countriesJan D Reinhardt
Swiss Paraplegic Research SPF, 6207 Nottwil, Switzerland
Int J Public Health 56:341-52. 2011..We examined whether persons with spinal cord injury (SCI) from countries with differential resources and resource distribution differ in the level and structure of functioning and disability...
- Measuring impact of environmental factors on human functioning and disability: a review of various scientific approachesJan D Reinhardt
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Guido A ZächStr 4, Nottwil, 6207, Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 33:2151-65. 2011..The objective of this paper is to present a framework for systematically describing different approaches to measure environmental factors (EF) and to discuss some strengths and weaknesses of these approaches...
- Disability and health-related rehabilitation in international disaster reliefJan D Reinhardt
International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine ISPRM, Rehabilitation Disaster Relief Committee, Assenede, Ghent, Belgium
Glob Health Action 4:7191. 2011..Natural disasters result in significant numbers of disabling impairments. Paradoxically, however, the traditional health system response to natural disasters largely neglects health-related rehabilitation as a strategic intervention...
- Rehabilitation needs assessment in persons with spinal cord injury following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti: a pilot study using an ICF-based toolAlexandra Rauch
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Nottwil, Switzerland
J Rehabil Med 43:969-75. 2011....