Hans Peter Ottiger
Affiliation: Swiss Federal Research Station
- Use of PCR for extranous agent testing in avian vaccinesH P Ottiger
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, IVI, Swiss Federal Veterinary Office, Mittelhausern, Switzerland
Dev Biol (Basel) 111:23-6. 2002..The object of this work is to show how the use of in vitro methods can contribute to reduction in animal testing in the quality control of biologicals...
- Application of RT-PCR for the detection of avian reovirus contamination in avian viral vaccinesSilke Bruhn
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, P O Box, CH 3147 Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
J Virol Methods 123:179-86. 2005..These RT-PCRs have been useful for screening poultry vaccines for extraneous ARV in the quality control of biologicals used in veterinary medicine...
- Monitoring veterinary vaccines for contaminating virusesH P Ottiger
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis IVI, OMCL Vaccine Control, Swiss Federal Veterinary Office, Mittelhausern, Switzerland
Dev Biol (Basel) 126:309-19; discussion 327. 2006..A number of generic PCR assays for product testing have been developed and validated. The current status and issues of the application of nucleic acid testing (NAT) to the standardization and control of vaccines will be reviewed...
- [Vaccine testing without animal experiments?]Hans Peter Ottiger
Institut fuer Viruskrankheiten und Immunprophylaxe, CH Mittelhaeusern
ALTEX 21:81-2. 2004..g. poultry vaccine purity testing. The in vitro Polymerase Chain Reaction method (PCR) is one advance which could reduce the number of animal experiments...
- Development, standardization and assessment of PCR systems for purity testing of avian viral vaccinesHans Peter Ottiger
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis IVI, OMCL Vaccine Control, Swiss Federal Veterinary Office, CH 3147 Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
Biologicals 38:381-8. 2010..This paper reviews the development, standardization and assessment of PCR for extraneous agent testing in IVMPs with examples from an Official Medicines Control Laboratory (OMCL)...