Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Adult behavioral and pharmacological dysfunctions following disruption of the fetal brain balance between pro-inflammatory and IL-10-mediated anti-inflammatory signalingU Meyer
Laboratory of Behavioural Neurobiology, ETH Zurich, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Mol Psychiatry 13:208-21. 2008..Hence, shifts of the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine classes may be a critical determinant of the final impact on neurodevelopment following early life infection or innate immune imbalances...
- Preliminary evidence for a modulation of fetal dopaminergic development by maternal immune activation during pregnancyU Meyer
Laboratory of Behavioural Neurobiology, ETH Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Neuroscience 154:701-9. 2008....
- Maternal immune activation during pregnancy increases limbic GABAA receptor immunoreactivity in the adult offspring: implications for schizophreniaM Nyffeler
Laboratory of Behavioral Neurobiology, ETH Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Neuroscience 143:51-62. 2006....
- Schizophrenia-relevant behaviors in a genetic mouse model of constitutive Nurr1 deficiencyS Vuillermot
Laboratory of Behavioural Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Genes Brain Behav 10:589-603. 2011..This study further emphasizes a critical role of altered dopaminergic development in the precipitation of specific brain dysfunctions relevant to human psychotic disorder...
- A new method for the fast determination of kinetic parameters in anaerobic digestion processes and application to textile wet processing wastewaterH Feitkenhauer
Laboratory of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry, ETH Zurich, Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Water Sci Technol 48:203-10. 2003..It is shown that the simplest method (direct titration) revealed the most important information. The investigated substrates were selected pollutants of textile wet processing wastewater...
- Factors affecting constancy of acetate concentration and correct determination of methanogenic activity in pH-stat experimentsM Mösche
Laboratorium für Technische Chemie, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule, HCI F 112, Zurich, Switzerland
Water Sci Technol 48:111-8. 2003..In this way a better constancy of acetate concentration and a more accurate determination of methanogenic activity should be achievable. The accuracy of this method is limited by the stability of pH-electrode calibration parameters...
- Toxicity of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate in anaerobic digestion: influence of exposure timeM Mösche
Laboratory of Technical Chemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich
Water Res 36:3253-60. 2002..This discrepancy is explained by adsorption of the surfactant to the biomass. Finally, the importance of the presented kinetic model and the significance of surfactant toxicity for anaerobic digestion are discussed...
- Anaerobic digestion of alcohol sulfate (anionic surfactant) rich wastewater--batch experiments. Part II: influence of the hydrophobic chain lengthH Feitkenhauer
Laboratorium für Technische Chemie, ETH Hönggerberg HCI, Zurich, Switzerland
Bioresour Technol 82:123-9. 2002..The presented data can be used as a basis for the selection of suitable surfactants that do not (or not seriously) inhibit the anaerobic digestion of industrial effluents...
- Anaerobic digestion of alcohol sulfate (anionic surfactant) rich wastewater--batch experiments. Part I: influence of the surfactant concentrationH Feitkenhauer
Laboratorium für Technische Chemie, ETH, Hönggerberg HCI, Zurich, Switzerland
Bioresour Technol 82:115-21. 2002..The surfactant caused a high temporary accumulation of intermediates like volatile fatty acids. At the highest loading (217 g DS/kg CDW) the conversion of the substrate to methane was only minor...
- Integration of biotechnological wastewater treatment units in textile finishing factories: from end of the pipe solutions to combined production and wastewater treatment unitsH Feitkenhauer
Laboratorium für Technische Chemie, ETH Zurich, Universitatstrasse 6, CH 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
J Biotechnol 89:185-92. 2001..The example of cotton fabric desizing (removing size from the fabric) illustrates how this final step of integration uses the acidic phase bioreactor as a part of the production and allows to close the water cycle of the system...
- Fuzzy-control for improved nitrogen removal and energy saving in WWT-plants with pre-denitrificationU Meyer
Vivendi Water Germany, Walter Köhn Str 1a, 04356 Leipzig, Germany
Water Sci Technol 47:69-76. 2003..It therefore can be expected that the developed fuzzy-control systems will be accepted by the operating personnel in wastewater treatment plants...
- On-line titration of non-ionic surfactants in wastewater treatment plants using a specific electrodeH Feitkenhauer
, , HCI, Switzerland
Water Sci Technol 45:61-8. 2002..The software used for the process control of a lab-scale anaerobic treatment plant was also used to evaluate the obtained titration curves. This allowed performing the titrations without using a more expensive titrator...
- Design and performance of a bioreactor system for mechanically promoted three-dimensional tissue engineeringU Meyer
Department of Cranio Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Munster, Waldeyerstr 30, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:134-40. 2006..The mechanisms whereby mechanical stimulation leads to a defined cell reaction are not known, but the application of physiological micromovements in extracorporeal tissue chambers is a promising approach to the formation of hard tissue...
- The influence of an increased cobalt supply to dairy cows on the vitamin B status of their calvesK Stemme
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Federal Agricultural Research Centre Braunschweig, Germany
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 90:173-6. 2006..From these results it can be concluded that cobalt content of 0.13 mg Co/kg DM in the ration based on wilted grass silage seems to be sufficient for pregnant dairy cows...
- Chronic psychosocial stress regulates the expression of both GR and MR mRNA in the hippocampal formation of tree shrewsU Meyer
Division of Neurobiology, German Primate Center,
Hippocampus 11:329-36. 2001..Moreover, the differential regulation of MR mRNA along the rostrocaudal axis of the hippocampus adds another feature to the heterogenous composition of this structure...