- Modular, rule-based modeling for the design of eukaryotic synthetic gene circuitsMario Andrea Marchisio
ETH Zürich and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, D BSSE, Mattenstrasse 26, Basel 4058, Switzerland
BMC Syst Biol 7:42. 2013..In contrast, the Model Description Language (MDL) adopted by the modeling tool ProMoT is highly modular and it enables a faithful representation of biological parts and pools...
- Computational design of synthetic gene circuits with composable partsM A Marchisio
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Bioinformatics 24:1903-10. 2008..Corresponding concepts and computational tools for easy circuit design in biology are missing...
- Computational design tools for synthetic biologyMario A Marchisio
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich, Basel 4058, Switzerland
Curr Opin Biotechnol 20:479-85. 2009..The biggest challenge, however, is the integration of tools and methods into powerful and intuitively usable workflows-and the field is only starting to address it...
- Synthetic biosensing systemsMario Andrea Marchisio
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich, Mattenstrasse 26, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:310-9. 2011..Nevertheless, rapid improvements on the available DNA-recombinant technology are essential to achieve, within few years, a full engineering of cell transduction pathways...
- In silico implementation of synthetic gene networksMario Andrea Marchisio
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich, Basel, Switzerland
Methods Mol Biol 813:3-21. 2012..Moreover, advances in automation of DNA assembly indicate that synthetic biology software soon will drive the wet-lab implementation of DNA sequences...