Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Dopamine, paranormal belief, and the detection of meaningful stimuliPeter Krummenacher
University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Cogn Neurosci 22:1670-81. 2010..These results stand at odd to the common view that DA generally improves signal-to-noise ratios. Paranormal ideation seems an important personality dimension and should be assessed in investigations on the detection of signals in noise...
- Expectancy-induced placebo analgesia in children and the role of magical thinkingPeter Krummenacher
Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland Collegium Helveticum, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland brainability LLC, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
J Pain 15:1282-93. 2014..The findings may help improve individualized pain management for children...
- [Prefrontal cortex mediated control of expectations in placebo analgesia]P Krummenacher
Collegium Helveticum, ETH ZÃ¼rich and UniversitÃ¤t ZÃ¼rich
Schmerz 25:440-3. 2011..These findings suggest that expectation-induced placebo analgesia is mediated by symmetric prefrontal cortex function. Possible implications for medical practice and clinical trial research will be discussed in the article...
- Placebo-mediated, Naloxone-sensitive suggestibility of short-term memory performanceJair Stern
Collegium Helveticum, ETH and University of Zurich, Schmelzbergstr 25, 8092 CH Zurich, Switzerland
Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:326-34. 2011..These results indicate an opioid-mediated placebo effect within a circumscribed cognitive domain in healthy volunteers...
- Naloxone modulates visual judgments of similarity but not dissimilarityPeter Krummenacher
Department of Neurology, Neuropsychology Unit, University Hospital Zurich, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 13:567-74. 2013..The task introduced here could be used for the implicit study and quantification of subtle affective-cognitive processes beyond the level of mere questionnaire data...
- Implicit learning of sequential bias in a guessing task: failure to demonstrate effects of dopamine administration and paranormal beliefJohn Palmer
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Conscious Cogn 16:498-506. 2007..None of the hypotheses were supported by the data. It is suggested that a simple binary guessing task with a focus on prediction accuracy during early trials should be considered for future explorations...
- Prefrontal cortex modulates placebo analgesiaPeter Krummenacher
Collegium Helveticum, Schmelzbergstrasse 25, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Pain 148:368-74. 2010..While rTMS did not affect pain experience, it completely blocked placebo analgesia. These findings suggest that expectation-induced placebo analgesia is mediated by symmetric prefrontal cortex function...