Affiliation: Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research
- Purified titanium oxide with novel morphologies upon spark anodization of Ti alloys in mixed H2SO4/H3PO4 electrolytesP Kern
Empa, Materials Science and Technology, Feuerwerkerstrasse 39, CH 3602 Thun, Switzerland
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:283-96. 2007..Neither the observed chemical effects, nor the observed particular morphology or the presence of brookite have been reported before...
- Electron-beam-induced topographical, chemical, and structural patterning of amorphous titanium oxide filmsP Kern
Empa, Materials Technology Laboratory, Feuerwerkerstrasse 39, CH 3602 Thun, Switzerland
J Phys Chem B 110:23660-8. 2006..Irradiation effects leading to the observed reduction and crystallization phenomena under moderate electron energies are discussed...
- Methods for functionalization of microsized polystyrene beads with titania nanoparticles for cathodic electrophoretic depositionS Radice
Empa, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Laboratory for Mechanics of Materials and Nanostructures, Feuerwerkerstrasse 39, CH 3602 Thun, Switzerland
J Colloid Interface Sci 318:264-70. 2008..Examples of deposits obtained by EPD in both suspensions and a comparative analysis between the two methods are presented...
- Electrophoretic deposition of zirconia-Bioglass composite coatings for biomedical implantsS Radice
Swiss Federal Institute for Materials Testing and Research EMPA, Feuerwerkerstrasse 39, CH 3602 Thun, Switzerland
J Biomed Mater Res A 82:436-44. 2007..The coatings were sintered at 900 degrees C for 2 h under argon flow. The characterization was performed using SEM, EDX, and nanoindentation (cross section). Potential applications in the orthopedics field are discussed...
- Microparticles shed from different antigen-presenting cells display an individual pattern of surface molecules and a distinct potential of allogeneic T-cell activationW Kolowos
Department of Internal Medicine III, Institute for Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Scand J Immunol 61:226-33. 2005..Apoptotic mps from DC, on the other hand, were always stimulatory. This is the first report regarding the study of mp released from DC and compared with those released from other APC...
- [Study protocol of the VISEP study. Response of the SepNet study group]K Reinhart
Anaesthesist 57:723-8. 2008..However, in our opinion this premature action based on wrong assumptions and containing comments by representatives of pharmaceutical companies does not contribute to a serious, unbiased scientific discourse...