Paolo C Colombani
Affiliation: Swiss Federal Research Station
- Carbohydrates and exercise performance in non-fasted athletes: a systematic review of studies mimicking real-lifePaolo C Colombani
SwissFIR Consumer Behavior, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nutr J 12:16. 2013....
- No effects of three-week consumption of a green tea extract on time trial performance in endurance-trained menPhilipp Eichenberger
Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 80:54-64. 2010..Further studies with athletes, particularly in the fed state, but with higher GTE doses, are needed to address the question whether green tea may influence energy metabolism and performance in athletes...
- Role of dietary proteins in sportsPaolo C Colombani
SwissFIR, Consumer Behavior ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 81:120-4. 2011....
- Development and validation of a food pyramid for Swiss athletesSamuel Mettler
ETH Zurich, Dept of Agricultural and Food Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:504-18. 2009..No tolerable upper intake level was exceeded for any micronutrient. Therefore, this Food Pyramid for Swiss Athletes may be used as a new tool in sports nutrition education (e.g., teaching and counseling)...
- Effects of 3-week consumption of green tea extracts on whole-body metabolism during cycling exercise in endurance-trained menPhilipp Eichenberger
Institute of Human Movement Sciences and Sport, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 79:24-33. 2009..043) compared to placebo. In conclusion, these results suggest only slight effects on whole-body metabolism after supplementation with GTE...
- Additive postprandial blood glucose-attenuating and satiety-enhancing effect of cinnamon and acetic acidSamuel Mettler
Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Nutr Res 29:723-7. 2009..Whether larger doses of cinnamon and acetic acid may result in a more substantial additive effect on blood glucose or satiety remains to be investigated...