- Promising survival for patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme treated with concomitant radiation plus temozolomide followed by adjuvant temozolomideRoger Stupp
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 20:1375-82. 2002..This phase II study was performed to determine the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of concomitant radiation plus temozolomide therapy followed by adjuvant temozolomide therapy in patients with newly diagnosed GBM...
- Phase I/IIa study of cilengitide and temozolomide with concomitant radiotherapy followed by cilengitide and temozolomide maintenance therapy in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastomaRoger Stupp
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 46, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 28:2712-8. 2010..This multicenter, phase I/IIa study investigated the efficacy and safety of cilengitide in combination with standard chemoradiotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma...
- Effects of radiotherapy with concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide versus radiotherapy alone on survival in glioblastoma in a randomised phase III study: 5-year analysis of the EORTC-NCIC trialRoger Stupp
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 10:459-66. 2009..We report the final results with a median follow-up of more than 5 years...
- Radiotherapy and temozolomide for newly diagnosed glioblastoma: recursive partitioning analysis of the EORTC 26981/22981-NCIC CE3 phase III randomized trialRené Olivier Mirimanoff
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 24:2563-9. 2006..We evaluated in this trial whether the recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) retains its overall prognostic value and what the benefit of the combined modality is in each RPA class...
- Cost of temozolomide therapy and global care for recurrent malignant gliomas followed until deathJean Blaise Wasserfallen
Health Technology Assessment Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Neuro Oncol 7:189-95. 2005..We conclude that despite high TMZ drug acquisition costs, care of recurrent malignant gliomas is comparable to other accepted therapies...
- MGMT gene silencing and benefit from temozolomide in glioblastomaMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:997-1003. 2005....
- New trends in the medical management of glioblastoma multiforme: the role of temozolomide chemotherapyAmir R Dehdashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Neurosurg Focus 20:E6. 2006..In this short review the authors summarize the current role of TMZ chemotherapy in the management of GBM, with an emphasis on approved indications and practical aspects...
- Elevated levels of MIC-1/GDF15 in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients are associated with glioblastoma and worse outcomeSophie Shnaper
Department of Neurosurgery, Laboratory of Brain Tumor Biology and Genetics, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 125:2624-30. 2009..007, log-rank test). In conclusion, MIC-1/GDF15 protein measured in the CSF may have diagnostic and prognostic value in patients with intracranial tumors...
- Presence of an oligodendroglioma-like component in newly diagnosed glioblastoma identifies a pathogenetically heterogeneous subgroup and lacks prognostic value: central pathology review of the EORTC_26981/NCIC_CE.3 trialMonika E Hegi
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Acta Neuropathol 123:841-52. 2012..However, the presence of PPN may indicate biological features of clinical relevance for further improvement of therapy...
- Clinical trial substantiates the predictive value of O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomideMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics of the Neurosurgery Departments of the University Hospitals, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:1871-4. 2004..Expression of this excision repair enzyme has been associated with resistance to alkylating chemotherapy...
- A phase I pharmacokinetic study of hypoxic abdominal stop-flow perfusion with gemcitabine in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer and refractory malignant ascitesAndrea Kuemmerle
Division de pharmacologie clinique, Departement de Medecine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:331-41. 2009....
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy followed by surgery in selected patients with stage IIIB non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre phase II trialRoger Stupp
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 10:785-93. 2009..The aim of this multicentre, phase II trial was to assess the efficacy and toxicity of a neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy followed by surgery in patients with technically operable stage IIIB NSCLC...
- Modulation of angiogenic and inflammatory response in glioblastoma by hypoxiaAnastasia Murat
Laboratory of Brain Tumor Biology and Genetics, University Hospital Lausanne CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 4:e5947. 2009..Our results associate hypoxia-driven tumor response with inflammation in glioblastoma, hence underlining the importance of tumor-host interaction involving the inflammatory compartment...
- Can we afford to add chemotherapy to radiotherapy for glioblastoma multiforme? Cost-identification analysis of concomitant and adjuvant treatment with temozolomide until patient deathJean Blaise Wasserfallen
Health Technology Assessment Unit, University Hospital Center of Vaud, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer 101:2098-105. 2004..Adding temozolomide (TMZ) to standard radiotherapy as a first-line therapy for glioma may increase costs to a disproportionate degree compared with the resulting survival benefits...
- Anaplastic astrocytoma in adultsRoger Stupp
University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 63:72-80. 2007..In recurrent disease, chemotherapy with temozolomide has been proven to be active and well-tolerated in phase II trials, but no comparative phase III trials of other cytotoxic drugs have been conducted...
- Comparison of neoadjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy versus radiochemotherapy followed by resection for stage III (N2) NSCLCEdgardo Pezzetta
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, CH-1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:1092-8. 2005....
- Antegrade versus retrograde isolated lung perfusion: doxorubicin uptake and distribution in a sarcoma modelThorsten Krueger
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 82:2024-30. 2006..Inasmuch as these tumors derive their vascularization from the bronchial artery system, we hypothesized that retrograde isolated lung perfusion through the pulmonary vein might result in an improved tumor drug uptake...
- Listeria brain abscess, Pneumocystis pneumonia and Kaposi's sarcoma after temozolomideVincent Ganière
University of Lausanne Hospitals, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:339-43; quiz following 343. 2006..This therapy was curtailed after three cycles because of nausea, asthenia, and neuropsychological deterioration. During a subsequent course of radiotherapy, the patient developed fever, headaches, and cutaneous lesions...
- Radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide for glioblastomaRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:987-96. 2005..In this trial we compared radiotherapy alone with radiotherapy plus temozolomide, given concomitantly with and after radiotherapy, in terms of efficacy and safety...
- NovoTTF-100A versus physician's choice chemotherapy in recurrent glioblastoma: a randomised phase III trial of a novel treatment modalityRoger Stupp
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 48:2192-202. 2012..Tumour Treatment Fields (TTF), a completely new therapeutic modality in cancer treatment, physically interfere with cell division...
- Extent and patterns of MGMT promoter methylation in glioblastoma- and respective glioblastoma-derived spheresDavide Sciuscio
Laboratory of Brain Tumor Biology, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 17:255-66. 2011..Epigenetic silencing of the MGMT gene by promoter methylation blunts repair of O6-methyl guanine and has been shown to be a predictive factor for benefit from alkylating agent therapy in glioblastoma...
- Accelerated postoperative radiotherapy with weekly concomitant boost in patients with locally advanced head and neck cancerAbderrahim Zouhair
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Bugnon 46, CH-1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Radiother Oncol 70:183-8. 2004..Acute and late RT-related morbidity is acceptable. Given the disease progression pattern (distant metastases), adjuvant chemotherapy should be considered...
- Perfusion and diffusion MRI of glioblastoma progression in a four-year prospective temozolomide clinical trialAntoine Leimgruber
Department of Radiology, Lausanne State and University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:869-75. 2006..Specifically, a T1 contrast enhancement over 3 cm in largest diameter together with an increased T2 hypersignal is a marker of inferior prognosis...
- Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid population pharmacokinetics of temozolomide in malignant glioma patientsSandrine Ostermann
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:3728-36. 2004..The AUC(CSF)/AUC(plasma) ratio was 20%. Systemic or cerebral exposures are not better predictors than the cumulative dose alone for both efficacy and safety...
- MGMT methylation analysis of glioblastoma on the Infinium methylation BeadChip identifies two distinct CpG regions associated with gene silencing and outcome, yielding a prediction model for comparisons across datasets, tumor grades, and CIMP-statusPierre Bady
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
Acta Neuropathol 124:547-60. 2012....
- Chemoradiotherapy in malignant glioma: standard of care and future directionsRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 25:4127-36. 2007....
- Epilepsy in brain tumor patientsAndrea O Rossetti
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurol 23:603-9. 2010..This review focuses on anticonvulsant treatments in patients with brain tumors and epilepsy, in consideration of the rapidly expanding spectrum of these agents...
- 2010: neuro-oncology is moving!Roger Stupp
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurol 23:553-5. 2010..The role of vascular endothelial growth factor-inhibiting strategies in the management of recurrent glioma remains unclear and controversial...
- Early prediction of response to sunitinib after imatinib failure by 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumorJohn O Prior
Nuclear Medicine Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 27:439-45. 2009....
- Monitoring multiple angiogenesis-related molecules in the blood of cancer patients shows a correlation between VEGF-A and MMP-9 levels before treatment and divergent changes after surgical vs. conservative therapyKhalil Zaman
Centre Pluridisciplianire d'Oncologie (CePO, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 118:755-64. 2006..These results warrant a prospective study to compare the effect of surgical tumor removal vs. chemotherapy on some of these markers and to evaluate their prognostic/predictive value...
- Performance of 18F-fluoro-ethyl-tyrosine (18F-FET) PET for the differential diagnosis of primary brain tumor: a systematic review and MetaanalysisVincent Dunet
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 53:207-14. 2012..The purpose of this systematic review and metaanalysis was to assess the diagnostic performance of (18)F-FET PET in patients with suspicion of PBT...
- Epigenetic deregulation of DNA repair and its potential for therapyMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Brain Tumor Biology and Genetics, University Hospital Lausanne CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 15:5026-31. 2009..quot; Here we review some of the affected repair pathways that, when inactivated, sensitize the tumors to specific drugs and are thus exploitable for individualized therapy...
- Medulloblastomas in adults: prognostic factors and lessons from paediatricsCristina Nay Fellay
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Insel, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurol 24:626-32. 2011..This review discusses clinical and new molecular risk factors that will help to optimize treatment in adult medulloblastoma patients...
- Pregabalin in patients with primary brain tumors and seizures: a preliminary observationJan Novy
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:171-3. 2009..Patients with brain tumors and seizures should be treated with non-enzyme-inducing antiepileptic drugs (AED). Some of the newer drugs seem particularly suited in these patients...
- Combined modality treatment with full-dose chemotherapy and concomitant boost radiotherapy for advanced head and neck carcinomaJurg Kutter
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:1-7. 2005..The overall survival of 4 years is promising. Newer regimens causing less acute mucosal and skin toxicity are needed...
- Cytostatic lung perfusion results in heterogeneous spatial regional blood flow and drug distribution: evaluation of different cytostatic lung perfusion techniques in a porcine modelThorsten Krueger
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:304-11. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Cytostatic lung perfusion results in a high overall doxorubicin uptake, which is, however, heterogeneously distributed within the perfused lung...
- Effect of computerisation on the quality and safety of chemotherapy prescriptionMarc Voeffray
Pharmacy Service, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Qual Saf Health Care 15:418-21. 2006..CONCLUSION: Errors in chemotherapy prescription nearly disappeared after implementation of CPOE. The safety of chemotherapy prescription was markedly improved...
- T-cell activation by treatment of cancer patients with EMD 521873 (Selectikine), an IL-2/anti-DNA fusion proteinJulien Laurent
Division of Experimental Oncology, Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Transl Med 11:5. 2013....
- Radiotherapy in low-grade gliomas: ConsRene O Mirimanoff
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital CHUV, Rue du Bugnon 46, CH 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Semin Oncol 30:34-8. 2003..8 to 2 Gy should be administered using modern, highly conformal techniques. Ideally, RT should be used only within the context of clinical research protocols...
- Preoperative hyperfractionated accelerated radiotherapy (HART) and concomitant CPT-11 in locally advanced rectal carcinoma: a phase I studyVerena Voelter
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:1288-94. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The recommended Phase II dose of CPT-11 in this setting is 90 mg/m(2)/week. Further Phase II exploration at this dose is warranted...
- Proangiogenic factor PlGF programs CD11b(+) myelomonocytes in breast cancer during differentiation of their hematopoietic progenitorsJulien Laurent
Division of Experimental Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Res 71:3781-91. 2011..These findings impact breast cancer biology, detection, and treatment...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with glioblastoma: a randomised controlled trialMartin J B Taphoorn
Medical Centre Haaglanden, The Hague, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 6:937-44. 2005..This paper reports the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of the patients in this trial...
- Correlation of O6-methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation with clinical outcomes in glioblastoma and clinical strategies to modulate MGMT activityMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery BH 19 110, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:4189-99. 2008..Herein we review the data supporting MGMT as a major mechanism of chemotherapy resistance in malignant gliomas and describe ongoing studies that are testing resistance-modulating strategies...
- The role of radio- and chemotherapy in glioblastomaRoger Stupp
Onkologie 28:315-7. 2005
- Quality assurance of the EORTC 26981/22981; NCIC CE3 intergroup trial on radiotherapy with or without temozolomide for newly-diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme: the individual case reviewFatma Ataman
EORTC, Data Center, Radiotherapy Group, 83 Avenue Mounier, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 40:1724-30. 2004..In multicentre trials with a large of number of investigators from international and national groups, it is essential to confirm the interinstitutional consistency, qualitatively and quantitatively...
- Cost-effectiveness of temozolomide for the treatment of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme: a report from the EORTC 26981/22981 NCI-C CE3 Intergroup StudyLeida M Lamers
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment bv, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Cancer 112:1337-44. 2008..The study aimed to compare the cost-effectiveness of concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide (TMZ) for the treatment of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme versus initial radiotherapy alone from a public health care perspective...
- Stem cell-related "self-renewal" signature and high epidermal growth factor receptor expression associated with resistance to concomitant chemoradiotherapy in glioblastomaAnastasia Murat
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Centre Universitaire Romand de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne 1011, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:3015-24. 2008..Here, we aimed to identify molecular profiles specific for treatment resistance to the current standard of care of concomitant chemoradiotherapy with the alkylating agent temozolomide...
- Management of malignant glioma--quo vadis?Roger Stupp
Onkologie 31:300-2. 2008
- [Role of MGMT and clinical applications in brain tumours]Christophe Paus
Service de Neurochirurgie, Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois CHUV et Université de Lausanne, Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Suisse
Bull Cancer 94:769-73. 2007..This particularity can be tested by methylation specific PCR on resected tumour tissue, best on fresh frozen biopsies, and allows identification of patients more susceptible to respond favourably to the treatment...
- Methylguanine methyltransferase testing in glioblastoma: when and how?Roger Stupp
J Clin Oncol 25:1459-60. 2007
- Nomograms for predicting survival of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: prognostic factor analysis of EORTC and NCIC trial 26981-22981/CE.3Thierry Gorlia
EORTC Data Centre, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 9:29-38. 2008....
- Temozolomide: a milestone in neuro-oncology and beyond?Nicole Mutter
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center University of Lausanne Hospitals 46 Rue du Bugnon, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1187-204. 2006..Temozolomide is under investigation for other disease entities, in particular lower-grade glioma, brain metastases and melanoma...
- Temozolomide-mediated radiation enhancement in glioblastoma: a report on underlying mechanismsArnab Chakravarti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4738-46. 2006..In this study, we investigated the mechanisms by which temozolomide enhances radiation response in glioblastoma cells...
- Optimal role of temozolomide in the treatment of malignant gliomasRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University of Lausanne Hospitals, 46 Rue du Bugnon, Lausanne 1011, Switzerland
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 5:198-206. 2005..This review summarizes the current knowledge, highlights approved and nonapproved indications, and describes molecular studies that may allow us to identify the patients most likely to benefit from this treatment...
- Cilengitide: an integrin-targeting arginine-glycine-aspartic acid peptide with promising activity for glioblastoma multiformeDavid A Reardon
Duke University Medical Center, Neuro Oncology Program and Department of Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, 047 Baker House, Box 3624, Durham, North Carolina, 27710, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1225-35. 2008..Integrins, widely expressed in GBM and tumor vasculature, mediate cell survival, migration and angiogenesis. Cilengitide is a potent alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 integrin inhibitor...
- Phase II study of capecitabine and oxaliplatin in first- and second-line treatment of advanced or metastatic colorectal cancerMarkus M Borner
Institute of Medical Oncology, Inselspital, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 20:1759-66. 2002..To determine the efficacy and tolerability of combining oxaliplatin with capecitabine in the treatment of advanced nonpretreated and pretreated colorectal cancer...
- Changing paradigms--an update on the multidisciplinary management of malignant gliomaRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University of Lausanne Hospitals, 46 Rue du Bugnon, Lausanne 1011, Switzerland
Oncologist 11:165-80. 2006..This review summarizes recent developments, focusing on the clinical management of patients in daily neuro-oncology practice...
- Prognostic factors for low-grade gliomasRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital (CHUV, 46, Rue du Bugnon, CH-1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Semin Oncol 30:23-8. 2003..However, other than surgery, the optimal types and sequence of therapies are not yet established. Improvements in defining prognostic factors will assist in low-grade glioma management...
- Correlative studies in neuro-oncology trials: should they influence treatment?Monika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Curr Oncol Rep 8:54-7. 2006..or move on, incorporate the markers for patient selection or stratification, aim at improving the modestly effective treatments by adding new drugs, and develop alternative therapy strategies for patients selected for their bad predictor?..
- Classification of human astrocytic gliomas on the basis of gene expression: a correlated group of genes with angiogenic activity emerges as a strong predictor of subtypesSophie Godard
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, University Hospital (CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Res 63:6613-25. 2003..The separating groups of genes were found by the unsupervised coupled two-way clustering method, and their classification power was validated by a supervised construction of a nearly perfect glioma classifier...
- MGMT methylation status: the advent of stratified therapy in glioblastoma?Peter Hau
Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg, Klinik und Poliklinik für Neurologie am Bezirksklinikum, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Dis Markers 23:97-104. 2007....
- Recent developments in the use of chemotherapy in brain tumoursMartin J van den Bent
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center Erasmus University Hospital Rotterdam, P O Box 5201, 3008AE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 42:582-8. 2006..Trials exploring the role of chemotherapy in low-grade glioma are ongoing. No standard chemotherapy is currently available for highly anaplastic glioma failing first-line temozolomide-based therapy...
- Neuro-oncology: oligodendroglioma and molecular markersRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Centre and Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Lausanne Hospitals, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet Neurol 6:10-2. 2007
- Small cell lung cancer: state of the art and future perspectivesRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital CHUV, 46, Rue du Bugnon, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Lung Cancer 45:105-17. 2004..Particular emphasis is given to the importance of concomitant and accelerated radiotherapy and consideration of dose-intensive combination chemotherapy regimens...
- Adjuvant dibromodulcitol and BCNU chemotherapy in anaplastic astrocytoma: results of a randomised European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer phase III study (EORTC study 26882)Jerzy Hildebrand
Hopital Universitaire Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 44:1210-6. 2008..The aim of the present study was to test this adjuvant regimen in a larger number of AA patients...
- [A practical guide for the management of gliomas]Roger Stupp
Centre Pluridisciplinaire d Oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, 46, Rue du Bugnon, CH 1011 Lausanne, Suisse
Bull Cancer 94:817-22. 2007..The therapeutic options presented here are based on evidences from the literature. In the absence of documented evidence, the empirical choices from our local practice are explained and justified...
- Phase II study of imatinib in patients with recurrent gliomas of various histologies: a European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Brain Tumor Group StudyEric Raymond
Service inter hospitalier de cancérologie, Beaujon University Hospital, Clichy
J Clin Oncol 26:4659-65. 2008..To evaluate the safety and the efficacy of imatinib in recurrent malignant gliomas...
- Targeting brain-tumor stem cellsRoger Stupp
Nat Biotechnol 25:193-4. 2007
- Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in neuro-oncology: hopes and disappointmentsAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:957-60. 2008..As with other targeted agents, prospective trials using specific criteria and standardized methods to evaluate tissue biomarkers are required to find predictors of EGFR inhibitors activity in high-grade glioma patients...
- Prolonged treatment with rituximab in patients with follicular lymphoma significantly increases event-free survival and response duration compared with the standard weekly x 4 scheduleMichele Ghielmini
Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Ospedale San Giovanni, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 103:4416-23. 2004..In patients with FL, the administration of 4 additional doses of rituximab at 8-week intervals significantly improves the EFS...