Affiliation: St. Gallen
- The extended medial elbow approach-a cadaveric studyBernhard Jost
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Switzerland Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 24:1074-80. 2015....
- Comparative responsiveness of outcome measures for total knee arthroplastyK Giesinger
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Rorschacherstrasse 95, CH 9000 St Gallen, Switzerland Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 22:184-9. 2014..The aim of this study was to compare the responsiveness of various patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) and clinician-reported outcomes following total knee arthroplasty (TKA) over a 2-year period...
- Locking plate fixation of fractures of the proximal humerus: analysis of complications, revision strategies and outcomeBernhard Jost
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 22:542-9. 2013..We observed an unusually high number of patients with complications referred to our institution. It was the purpose of this study to report these complications, as well as their treatment and outcome...
- Electromyography and nerve conduction velocity for the evaluation of the infraspinatus muscle and the suprascapular nerve in professional beach volleyball playersGeorg Lajtai
Orthopaedic Department, Private Hospital Maria Hilf, Klagenfurt, Austria
Am J Sports Med 40:2303-8. 2012..Beach volleyball is an overhead sport with a high prevalence of infraspinatus muscle atrophy of the hitting shoulder...
- Deltoid Tuberosity Index: A Simple Radiographic Tool to Assess Local Bone Quality in Proximal Humerus FracturesChristian Spross
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Rorschacherstrasse 95, 9007, St Gallen, Switzerland
Clin Orthop Relat Res 473:3038-45. 2015..The aim of our study was to introduce and validate a simple cortical index to assess the quality of bone in proximal humerus fractures using AP radiographs...
- Pre-operative embolisation of spinal metastasis: technique, complication rate and outcome-clinical experiencePatrick Cernoch
Department of Orthopaedics Surgery and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, 9007, St Gallen, Switzerland
Int Orthop 39:1399-404. 2015....
- How many radiographs are needed to detect angular stable head screw cut outs of the proximal humerus - a cadaver studyChristian Spross
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Switzerland
Injury 45:1557-63. 2014..Aim of the study was to find the single best and combination of radiographic projections to reliably detect screw cut outs...
- Short- or long-stem prosthesis for intramedullary bypass of proximal humeral fractures with severe metaphyseal bone loss: evaluation of primary stability in a biomechanical modelChristian Spross
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 22:1682-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the primary stability of cemented short- and long-stem prostheses with different intramedullary fracture bypass lengths...
- Lateral subvastus approach with tibial tubercle osteotomy for primary total knee arthroplasty: clinical outcome and complications compared to medial parapatellar approachSusanne Langen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, 9007, St Gall, Switzerland
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 26:215-22. 2016..The aim of this study was to compare clinical outcomes between LSV and medial parapatellar approaches for primary TKA and to investigate incidence of complications related to TTO...
- Large metaphyseal volume hemiprostheses for complex fractures of the proximal humerusSandro F Fucentese
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Zurich, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 23:427-33. 2014..The main problem is the fixation and healing of the greater tuberosity (GT). To address this problem a hemiarthroplasty with a large metaphyseal volume was designed and introduced...
- Black medicine: an observational study of doctors' coffee purchasing patterns at workKarlmeinrad Giesinger
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, St Gallen CH 9007, Switzerland
BMJ 351:h6446. 2015..To evaluate doctors' coffee consumption at work and differences between specialties...