Affiliation: St. Gallen
- Joerger M, Burgers S, Baas P, Smit E, Haitjema T, Bard M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer receiving first-line platinum-gemcitabine chemotherapy: a prospective clinical study. Cancer. 2012;118:2466-75 pubmed publisher..Nonplatinum-containing chemotherapy in carriers of the ERCC1 T allele or the XPD10 G allele should be studied prospectively. ..
- Joerger M, Von Pawel J, Kraff S, Fischer J, Eberhardt W, Gauler T, et al. Open-label, randomized study of individualized, pharmacokinetically (PK)-guided dosing of paclitaxel combined with carboplatin or cisplatin in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Ann Oncol. 2016;27:1895-902 pubmed publisher..NCT01326767 (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01326767). ..
- Neumair P, Joos L, Warschkow R, Dutly A, Ess S, Hitz F, et al. Erlotinib has comparable clinical efficacy to chemotherapy in pretreated patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): A propensity-adjusted, outcomes research-based study. Lung Cancer. 2016;100:38-44 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests erlotinib to have similar clinical efficacy compared to chemotherapy in patients with pretreated advanced NSCLC and no known molecular targetable alterations. ..
- Joerger M. Treatment regimens of classical and newer taxanes. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;77:221-33 pubmed publisher..The latter includes the ongoing debate on the most active and safe regimen, the recommended initial dose and the issue of therapeutic drug dosing. ..
- Joerger M, Thurlimann B, Huober J. Small HER2-positive, node-negative breast cancer: who should receive systemic adjuvant treatment?. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:17-23 pubmed publisher..This review addresses current data regarding the prognosis of small HER2-positive tumors and discusses potential factors to individualize adjuvant treatment in patients with small HER2-positive tumors. ..
- Joerger M, Huitema A, Boot H, Cats A, Doodeman V, Smits P, et al. Germline TYMS genotype is highly predictive in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal malignancies receiving capecitabine-based chemotherapy. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2015;75:763-72 pubmed publisher..These data should further be validated in prospective clinical studies. ..
- Joerger M, DeJong D, Burylo A, Burgers J, Baas P, Huitema A, et al. Tubulin, BRCA1, ERCC1, Abraxas, RAP80 mRNA expression, p53/p21 immunohistochemistry and clinical outcome in patients with advanced non small-cell lung cancer receiving first-line platinum-gemcitabine chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2011;74:310-7 pubmed publisher..Prospective validation is warranted and - if confirmed - non platinum-containing chemotherapy should be explored as the preferred treatment in patients with high ERCC1 or ABRX expression and no activating mutations of EGFR. ..
- Joerger M, Huitema A, Krahenbuhl S, Schellens J, Cerny T, Reni M, et al. Methotrexate area under the curve is an important outcome predictor in patients with primary CNS lymphoma: A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic analysis from the IELSG no. 20 trial. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:673-7 pubmed publisher..In the future, this could be carried out by using first-cycle PK modelling with determination of potential dose adaptations for later cycles using Bayesian analysis. ..