Affiliation: Psychiatric University Hospital
- Loudness dependence of evoked dipole source activity during acute serotonin challenge in femalesChristine Norra
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:31-42. 2008..Gender must be taken into particular account here, since there are gender differences in 5-HT brain synthesis, with women reacting more strongly to TDT...
- [Lithium intoxications at normal serum levels]Benedikt Habermeyer
Universitäre Psychiatrische Kliniken Basel, Schweiz
Psychiatr Prax 35:198-200. 2008..Our aim was to detect predicting factors of lithium neurotoxicity at normal serum lithium levels in order to allow prevention of those constellations...
- Development and psychometric properties of a five-language multiperspective instrument to assess clinical decision making style in the treatment of people with severe mental illness (CDMS)Bernd Puschner
Department of Psychiatry II, Ulm University, Gunzburg, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 13:48. 2013....
- 'Placement budgets' for supported employment--improving competitive employment for people with mental illness: study protocol of a multicentre randomized controlled trialCarlos Nordt
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Research Unit for Clinical and Social Psychiatry, Lenggstrasse 31, PO Box 1931, 8032, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 12:165. 2012..However, the goal of taking up employment within two months was rarely achieved. Thus, we aim to test whether the new concept of limited placement budgets increases the effectiveness of IPS...
- Fine motor skills in adult Tourette patients are task-dependentIrene Neuner
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen 52074, Germany
BMC Neurol 12:120. 2012..Despite severe motor tics, different personalities who suffer from Tourette perform successfully as neurosurgeon, pilot or professional basketball player...
- The effectiveness of individual placement and support for people with mental illness new on social benefits: a study protocolSandra Viering
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, University Hospital for Psychiatry, Militarstrasse 8, 8021, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 13:195. 2013..This study focuses on the integration of newly appointed IV-pensioners, who have received an IV-pension for less than a year...
- Clinical decision making and outcome in routine care for people with severe mental illness (CEDAR): study protocolBernd Puschner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy II, Ulm University, Ludwig Heilmeyer Str 2, 89312 Günzburg, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 10:90. 2010..However, there is a lack of knowledge on CDM and its outcome in long-term illnesses, especially in care for people with severe mental illness...
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging of tics and tic suppression in Gilles de la Tourette syndromeWolfram Kawohl
Research Group Clinical and Experimental Psychopathology, Department of Social and General Psychiatry ZH West, Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:567-70. 2009..This leads to distinct suggestions concerning the neural network involved in tic suppression. Similar mechanisms may be involved in tic suppression via mental efforts or active movements...
- Aripiprazole in the pharmacotherapy of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome in adult patientsWolfram Kawohl
Department of General and Social Psychiatry ZH West, Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:827-31. 2009..During this period, no tachyphylactic effect was visible. A double-blind trial against placebo or other neuroleptics is advisable to verify the efficacy of aripiprazole in the pharmacotherapy of GTS...
- [Cannabis and Schizophrenia: new findings in an old debate]Wolfram Kawohl
Klinik für Soziale Psychiatrie und Allgemeinpsychiatrie, ZH West, Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich
Neuropsychiatr 22:223-9. 2008..An information of the public concerning this matter is required in order to prevent a rising incidence of psychotic disorders in times of an increasing ease of handling of cannabis...
- Semantic event-related potential components reflect severity of comprehension deficits in aphasiaW Kawohl
University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 24:282-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether a modified semantic incongruity paradigm can serve as a more graded differentiation of ERP changes in patients with mild versus severe comprehension deficits...
- [Usage of inpatient treatments after reduction of inpatient capacities: Supply influences demand]Wolfram Kawohl
Forschungsgruppe Klinische und Experimentelle Psychopathologie
Neuropsychiatr 24:27-32. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the consequences of a reduction of inpatient capacities fort the usage of psychiatric inpatient care...
- [Gilles de la Tourette-syndrome: treatment of a neuropsychiatric disorder]Wolfram Kawohl
Klinik für Soziale Psychiatrie und Allgemeinpsychiatrie Zürich West, Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 99:1353-60. 2010..Antipsychotics are the most effective pharmacotherapy. Psychotherapeutic approaches play a more subordinated role. Deep brain stimulation is experimentally applied in intractable GTS...
- [Insights in the central serotonergic function in patients with affective disorders]Wolfram Kawohl
Forschungsgruppe Klinische und Klinik für Soziale Psychiatrie und Allgemeinpsychiatrie, ZH West Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich, Schweiz
Neuropsychiatr 22:23-7. 2008....
- Free will: reconciling German civil law with Libet's neurophysiological studies on the readiness potentialWolfram Kawohl
Psychiatric University Hospital, Lenggstrasse 31, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Behav Sci Law 25:309-20. 2007..Therefore, advice for the psychiatrist as an expert witness is offered on the basis of a psychopathological approach that takes into account cognitive and motivational preconditions and the structure of values and personality...
- Comparative source localization of electrically and pressure-stimulated multichannel somatosensory evoked potentialsWolfram Kawohl
Psychiatric University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Neurophysiol 24:257-62. 2007..For cortical plasticity studies, peripheral somatosensory stimulation is of great importance. According to these findings, the choice of method, electrical or mechanical stimulation, may depend on practical criteria...
- [Psychiatric aspects of plant poisonings]W Kawohl
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich, Schweiz
Nervenarzt 76:875-6, 877-8. 2005..This problem is discussed here, and advice for the prevention of plant poisonings and generally dealing with patients intoxicated by herbal poisons is given...
- Patterns of disturbed impulse propagation in multiple sclerosis identified by low and high frequency somatosensory evoked potential componentsRene Gobbele
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
J Clin Neurophysiol 20:283-90. 2003..Analysis of HFOs allows identification of slight demyelinating processes in MS patients in whom the N20 SSEP component remains unaffected. The HFOs provide a tool to distinguish different patterns of disturbed impulse propagation...
- High-frequency somatosensory thalamocortical oscillations and psychopathology in schizophreniaChristine Norra
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 49:71-80. 2004....
- Electrophysiological evidence for altered early cerebral somatosensory signal processing in schizophreniaTill D Waberski
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Psychophysiology 41:361-6. 2004..In the low-frequency part of the SEPs an increase in amplitude was found. These results are interpreted to reflect a lack of somatosensory inhibition in the somatosensory pathway, either at a thalamic or a cortical level...
- Plant poisonings - a problem extending the scope of ethnopharmacologyWolfram Kawohl
J Ethnopharmacol 100:138-9. 2005
- Association of functional polymorphisms in NOS1 and NOS3 with loudness dependence of auditory evoked potentialsWolfram Kawohl
Research Group Clinical and Experimental Psychopathology, Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:477-83. 2008..Further studies are needed to fully clarify the relationship between nitrinergic transmission, LDAEP and complex disorders such as schizophrenia and affective disorders...
- Impaired rapid modulation of cerebral hemodynamics during a planning task in schizophreniaDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Lenggstrasse 31, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Neurophysiol 118:1449-59. 2007..This study was undertaken to investigate rapid changes of cerebral hemodynamics during separate phases of SOC in schizophrenia and normals by means of functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD)...
- Diagnostic usefulness of cognitive auditory event-related p300 subcomponents in patients with Alzheimers disease?Georg Juckel
Department of Psychiatry, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Clin Neurophysiol 25:147-52. 2008....
- Association of catechol-O-methyltransferase variants with loudness dependence of auditory evoked potentialsGeorg Juckel
Department of Psychiatry, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:115-20. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between genetic variants of the COMT gene influencing synaptic dopamine levels and the LDAEP...
- A case of bipolar psychosis and transsexualismElmar Habermeyer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University Aachen RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Psychopathology 36:168-70. 2003..If there is a true comorbidity of these disorders, a subtly differentiated process to guide medical expert opinion and therapy is necessary...