- Cell optical density and molecular composition revealed by simultaneous multimodal label-free imagingNicolas Pavillon
Biophotonics Laboratory, Immunology Frontier Research Center iFReC, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biophys J 105:1123-32. 2013....
- Feature-based recognition of surface-enhanced Raman spectra for biological targetsNicolas Pavillon
Biophotonics Laboratory, Immunology Frontier Research Center iFReC, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biophotonics 6:587-97. 2013..The optimized method is then utilized to extract and classify the complex SERS response behavior of gold nanoparticles taken in live cells...
- Early cell death detection with digital holographic microscopyNicolas Pavillon
Microvision and Microdiagnostics Group MVD, STI, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e30912. 2012..We thus present here an application of digital holographic microscopy (DHM) dedicated to early and label-free detection of cell death...
- Cell morphology and intracellular ionic homeostasis explored with a multimodal approach combining epifluorescence and digital holographic microscopyNicolas Pavillon
Advanced Photonics Laboratory MVD, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biophotonics 3:432-6. 2010..This is demonstrated by the study of intracellular calcium homeostasis associated with the change in cell volume, which play a critical role in the excitotoxicity-induced neuronal death...
- Suppression of the zero-order term in off-axis digital holography through nonlinear filteringNicolas Pavillon
Advanced Photonics Laboratory, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Appl Opt 48:H186-95. 2009..We study the robustness of the technique under different experimental configurations, and quantitatively demonstrate its enhancement capabilities on phase signals...
- Determination of transmembrane water fluxes in neurons elicited by glutamate ionotropic receptors and by the cotransporters KCC2 and NKCC1: a digital holographic microscopy studyPascal Jourdain
Brain and Mind Institute, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci 31:11846-54. 2011..This observation is of particular interest since it shows that DHM is the first imaging technique able to monitor dynamically and in situ the activity of these cotransporters during physiological and/or pathological neuronal conditions...
- Submicrometer tomography of cells by multiple-wavelength digital holographic microscopy in reflectionJonas Kuhn
Institute of Imaging and Applied Optics, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Lett 34:653-5. 2009..6-1 microm axial resolution in a biological medium. The method is applied to erythrocytes investigation to retrieve the cellular membrane profile in three dimensions...
- Digital holographic reflectometryTristan Colomb
Lyncée Tec SA, PSE A, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Express 18:3719-31. 2010..We demonstrate this DHM reflectometry technique by comparing DHM and profilometer measurement of home-made SiO(2)/Si targets and Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) sputter craters on specimen including different multiple layers...
- Microscopy image resolution improvement by deconvolution of complex fieldsYann Cotte
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Microvision and Microdiagnostics Group, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Express 18:19462-78. 2010..As further results, we demonstrate that complex deconvolution does not require any additional optics in the DHM setup while extending the limit of resolution with coherent illumination by a factor of at least 1.64...
- Living specimen tomography by digital holographic microscopy: morphometry of testate amoebaFlorian Charrière
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Imaging and Applied Optics Institute, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Express 14:7005-13. 2006..Morphometric measurements are extracted from the tomographic reconstructions, showing that the commonly used method for testate amoeba biovolume evaluation leads to systematic under evaluations by about 50%...
- Endoscopic low-coherence topography measurement for upper airways and hollow samplesYves Delacretaz
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biomed Opt 15:066014. 2010..The setup design with a multiple fibers illumination system is presented. Demonstration of the method ability to operate on biological samples is assessed through measurements on ex vivo pig bronchi...
- Laser-targeted photofabrication of gold nanoparticles inside cellsNicholas I Smith
1 Biophotonics Laboratory, Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan 2 PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Agency JST, Chiyodaku, Tokyo 102 0075, Japan
Nat Commun 5:5144. 2014..Such light-based control of the intracellular particle generation reaction also offers avenues for in situ plasmonic device creation in organic targets, and may eventually link optical and electron microscopy. ..
- Cell volume regulation monitored with combined epifluorescence and digital holographic microscopyNicolas Pavillon
Biophotonics Laboratory, Immunology Frontier Research Center iFReC, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Methods Mol Biol 1254:21-32. 2015....
- Iterative method for zero-order suppression in off-axis digital holographyNicolas Pavillon
Advanced Photonics Laboratory, Microvision and Microdiagnostics Group MVD, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Express 18:15318-31. 2010..Then, its performance is shown experimentally. Its robustness is assessed by applying the procedure on various types of holograms, such as topographic images of microscopic specimens or speckle holograms...