M O Steinmetz
Affiliation: Paul Scherrer Institute
- Jiang K, Faltova L, Hua S, Capitani G, Prota A, Landgraf C, et al. Structural Basis of Formation of the Microtubule Minus-End-Regulating CAMSAP-Katanin Complex. Structure. 2018;26:375-382.e4 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a general molecular mechanism for the cooperation of katanin with major microtubule minus-end regulators. ..
- Kraatz S, Guichard P, Obbineni J, Olieric N, Hatzopoulos G, Hilbert M, et al. The Human Centriolar Protein CEP135 Contains a Two-Stranded Coiled-Coil Domain Critical for Microtubule Binding. Structure. 2016;24:1358-1371 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first structural information on CEP135/Bld10p proteins and offer insights into their microtubule-binding mechanism. ..
- Rezabkova L, Jiang K, Capitani G, Prota A, Akhmanova A, Steinmetz M, et al. Structural basis of katanin p60:p80 complex formation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14893 pubmed publisher..Moreover, p60-MIT was compared with other MIT domain structures and similarities are discussed. ..
- Sharma A, SÃ¡ez Calvo G, Olieric N, de AsÃs Balaguer F, Barasoain I, Lamberth C, et al. Quinolin-6-Yloxyacetamides Are Microtubule Destabilizing Agents That Bind to the Colchicine Site of Tubulin. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..They further extend our structural knowledge on antitubulin agents and thus should aid in the development of new strategies for the rational design of ligands against multidrug-resistant cancer cells. ..
- Kumar A, Manatschal C, Rai A, Grigoriev I, Degen M, Jaussi R, et al. Short Linear Sequence Motif LxxPTPh Targets Diverse Proteins to Growing Microtubule Ends. Structure. 2017;25:924-932.e4 pubmed publisher..They further provide a unique basis to discover novel +TIPs, and to dissect the role of key interaction nodes and their differential regulation for hierarchical +TIP network organization and function in eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Steinmetz M, Jahnke W, Towbin H, Garcia Echeverria C, Voshol H, Muller D, et al. Phosphorylation disrupts the central helix in Op18/stathmin and suppresses binding to tubulin. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:505-10 pubmed..Together, our findings have implications for the prediction of phosphorylation sites and give insights into the molecular behavior of a globally disordered protein. ..
- Sharma A, Aher A, Dynes N, Frey D, Katrukha E, Jaussi R, et al. Centriolar CPAP/SAS-4 Imparts Slow Processive Microtubule Growth. Dev Cell. 2016;37:362-376 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CPAP acts as a molecular lid that ensures slow assembly of centriolar microtubules and, thereby, contributes to organelle length control. ..
- Steinmetz M, Jelesarov I, Matousek W, Honnappa S, Jahnke W, Missimer J, et al. Molecular basis of coiled-coil formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7062-7 pubmed..Our findings provide a general explanation for the molecular mechanism of coiled-coil formation. ..
- Steinmetz M. Structure and thermodynamics of the tubulin-stathmin interaction. J Struct Biol. 2007;158:137-47 pubmed..Based on these and on functional information I formulate an updated molecular mechanism on how tubulin-binding by stathmin regulates microtubule dynamics. ..