- Metabolomics view on gut microbiome modulation by polyphenol-rich foodsSofia Moco
BioAnalytical Science, Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, PO Box 44, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Proteome Res 11:4781-90. 2012..This review reports recent nutritional metabolomics inspections of gut microbiota-host metabolic interactions with a particular focus on the cometabolism of cocoa and coffee polyphenols...
- A whole-grain-rich diet reduces urinary excretion of markers of protein catabolism and gut microbiota metabolism in healthy men after one weekAlastair B Ross
Nestle Research Centre, Vers chez les Blanc, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nutr 143:766-73. 2013..Although based on a small population and for a short time period, these observations suggest that a WG diet may affect protein metabolism...
- Topographical body fat distribution links to amino acid and lipid metabolism in healthy obese women [corrected]Francois Pierre J Martin
Metabolomics and Biomarkers, Nestec Ltd, Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e73445. 2013..Nevertheless, the visceral fat associated amino acid and lipid signature is proposed to be further validated for future patient stratification and cardiometabolic health diagnostics. ..
- Specific dietary preferences are linked to differing gut microbial metabolic activity in response to dark chocolate intakeFrancois Pierre J Martin
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Proteome Res 11:6252-63. 2012..Moreover, a relationship between regular long-term dietary exposure to a small amount of dark chocolate, gut microbiota, and phenolics was highlighted, providing novel insights into biological processes associated with cocoa bioactives...
- High-resolution quantitative metabolome analysis of urine by automated flow injection NMRLaeticia Da Silva
BioAnalytical Science, Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, P O Box 44, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Anal Chem 85:5801-9. 2013..The metabolic read-outs generated using our analytical workflow can therefore be considered for further pathway modeling and/or biological interpretation...