Genomes and Genes
Organization: Merck Serono
- PI3K delta and PI3K gamma: partners in crime in inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and beyond?Christian Rommel
Merck Serono International S A, 9 Chemin des Mines, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Nat Rev Immunol 7:191-201. 2007....
- A combined analysis of data to identify predictive factors for spermatogenesis in men with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism treated with recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone and human chorionic gonadotropinDavid W Warne
Merck Serono International SA, Geneva, Switzerland
Fertil Steril 92:594-604. 2009..To compare the efficacy and safety of recombinant human FSH (r-hFSH) and hCG treatment for male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) in different populations and to identify characteristics predictive of spermatogenesis...
- Clinical trial: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding, phase II study of subcutaneous interferon-beta-la in moderately active ulcerative colitisC Pena-Rossi
New Therapies, Merck Serono International S A, Geneva, Switzerland
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:758-67. 2008..Interferon (IFN)-beta-1a has potent immunoregulatory properties, including stimulation of host defence mechanisms and thus represents a potential treatment...
- Interferon beta-1a for the maintenance of remission in patients with Crohn's disease: results of a phase II dose-finding studyClaudia Pena Rossi
Merck Serono S A Geneva, 15bis, Chemin des Mines, CH 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
BMC Gastroenterol 9:22. 2009..IFN beta-1a therefore offers promise as a treatment for CD...
- An exploratory dose-escalating study investigating the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of intravenous atacicept in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusC Pena-Rossi
Merck Serono S A, Geneva, Switzerland
Lupus 18:547-55. 2009..This supports the utility of this therapeutic approach in the treatment of autoimmune diseases, such as SLE...
- A novel role for receptor like protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta in modulation of sensorimotor responses to noxious stimuli: evidences from knockout mice studiesDavid Lafont
Istituto di Ricerche Biomediche A Marxer, Merck Serono Ivrea Research Centre, 10010 Colleretto Giacosa TO, Italy
Behav Brain Res 201:29-40. 2009..Moreover, RPTPz -/- mice displayed reduced responses to moderate thermal and tactile stimuli, both in baseline and under inflammatory conditions. These findings assign novel functional role of RPTPz in motor coordination and nociception...
- Administration of follitropin alfa and lutropin alfa combined in a single injection: a feasibility assessmentRita Agostinetto
Merck Serono SpA, Guidonia Montecelio, Rome, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:48. 2009..The ability to vary the FSH to LH dose ratio in a single injection without compromising the bioactivity of either gonadotrophin or generating losses of active principle is important for physicians and patients alike...
- Analytical identification of additional impurities in urinary-derived gonadotrophinsR Bassett
Merck Serono S A Geneva, 11 Chemin des Mines, Geneva 1201, Switzerland
Reprod Biomed Online 19:300-13. 2009..By using a comprehensive proteomic approach, it has been shown that the recombinant FSH preparation has greater purity than either of the urine-derived preparations...
- Anti-chemokine small molecule drugs: a promising future?Amanda E I Proudfoot
Merck Serono Geneva Research Center, Merck Serono International SA, 9 Chemin des Mines, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 19:345-55. 2010..Chemokines activate seven transmembrane G protein-coupled receptors, making them extremely attractive therapeutic targets for the pharmaceutical industry...
- Factors related to successful ovulation induction in patients with WHO group II anovulatory infertilityC M Howles
Merck Serono S A Geneva, Switzerland an affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 20:182-90. 2010....
- Discovery of a novel series of potent S1P1 agonistsStefano Crosignani
Merck Serono SA, 9 Chem des Mines, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1516-9. 2010..The compounds were able to induce internalization of the S1P1 receptor, and a selected compound was shown to be able to induce lymphopenia in mice after oral dosing...
- Discovery of a novel series of CXCR3 antagonistsStefano Crosignani
Merck Serono SA, Geneva, Switzerland
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:3614-7. 2010..Starting from an HTS positive, iterative optimization gave potent compounds (IC(50) 15 nM in a chemotaxis assay). The strategy employed to improve the metabolic stability of these derivatives is described...
- A high-throughput protein refolding screen in 96-well format combined with design of experiments to optimize the refolding conditionsVincent Dechavanne
Geneva Research Center, Merck Serono S A, Department of Protein and Cell Sciences, 9 Chemin des Mines, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Protein Expr Purif 75:192-203. 2011..Thus, the method described herein is a useful tool to determine the feasibility of refolding and to identify high-yield scalable refolding conditions optimized for each individual protein...
- In vitro fertilisation with recombinant follicle stimulating hormone requires less IU usage compared with highly purified human menopausal gonadotrophin: results from a European retrospective observational chart reviewGeoffrey H Trew
Merck Serono, Bedfont Cross, Stanwell Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 8NX, UK
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:137. 2010....
- Knockout mice reveal a role for protein tyrosine phosphatase H1 in cognitionClaudia Patrignani
MerckSerono Ivrea, Colleretto G, TO 10010, Italy
Behav Brain Funct 4:36. 2008..abstract:..
- ExactFDR: exact computation of false discovery rate estimate in case-control association studiesJerome Wojcik
Department of Bioinformatics, Merck Serono Geneva Research Center, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Bioinformatics 24:2407-8. 2008..It provides a quick and accurate non-conservative estimator of the proportion of false positives in a given selection of markers, and is therefore an efficient and pragmatic tool for the analysis of genome-wide association studies...
- Identification, synthesis, and biological evaluation of novel pyrazoles as low molecular weight luteinizing hormone receptor agonistsCatherine Jorand-Lebrun
Merck Serono Geneva Research Center, Bat B3, 9, Chemin des Mines, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:2080-5. 2007..31 microM) and in vivo in a model of testosterone induction in rats (significant effect at 32 mpk ip)...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of atacicept in healthy volunteersAlain Munafo
Merck Serono S A, 9 Chemin des Mines, Geneva 1202, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:647-56. 2007..This study assesses the safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of atacicept...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma inhibition plays a crucial role in early steps of inflammation by blocking neutrophil recruitmentChiara Ferrandi
Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology Department, RBM Merck Serono Via Ribes 1, Colleretto Giacosa TO, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:923-30. 2007..Therefore, the PI3Kgamma pathway plays an important role in controlling neutrophil chemotaxis during early steps of inflammation...
- Tocolytic effect of a selective FP receptor antagonist in rodent models reveals an innovative approach to the treatment of preterm laborAndre Chollet
Merck Serono, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 7:S16. 2007..This role of FP is briefly reviewed. In this study, we tested the hypothesis that an orally active and selective FP antagonist may arrest labor and delay parturition in animal models...
- Inactivation of PI3Kgamma and PI3Kdelta distorts T-cell development and causes multiple organ inflammationHong Ji
Merck Serono S A, Geneva Research Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 110:2940-7. 2007..Thus, the pathology in the p110gammadelta-deficient mice is likely to be secondary to a developmental block in the thymus that leads to lymphopenia-associated inflammatory responses...
- Biochemical characterization of USP7 reveals post-translational modification sites and structural requirements for substrate processing and subcellular localizationAmaury Fernandez-Montalvan
Expertise Platform Proteases, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
FEBS J 274:4256-70. 2007....
- In vitro and in vivo pharmacological profile of AS057278, a selective d-amino acid oxidase inhibitor with potential anti-psychotic propertiesTiziana Adage
Merck Serono Ivrea Research Center, RBM S p a, Colleretto Giacosa, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:200-14. 2008..i.d.) was able to normalize PCP-induced hyperlocomotion. These results suggest that AS057278 has the potential to anti-psychotic action toward both cognitive and positive symptoms of schizophrenia...
- Beneficial effects of r-h-CLU on disease severity in different animal models of peripheral neuropathiesG Dati
RBM, Società soggetta all attività di direzione e coordinamento da parte della Merck Serono S A, Turin, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 190:8-17. 2007..These data demonstrate that clusterin is capable of ameliorating clinical, neurophysiological and pathological signs in models of peripheral neuropathies...
- AS601245, a c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) inhibitor, reduces axon/dendrite damage and cognitive deficits after global cerebral ischaemia in gerbilsS Carboni
Department of Pharmacology, RBM, an affiliate of Merck Serono, Colleretto Giacosa, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 153:157-63. 2008..The aim of the present study was to further investigate if AS601245 in addition to its ability to protect neurons also could protect neurites and preserve memory after cerebral ischaemia, in gerbils...
- Dynamic simulation of regulatory networks using SQUADAlessandro Di Cara
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Vital IT Group, Quartier Sorge Batiment Genopode, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Bioinformatics 8:462. 2007..In this paper we present a software implementation of such methodology...
- Characterisation of an inclusion complex between cladribine and 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrinValeria van Axel Castelli
Merck Serono SpA, Tiburtina Site, via L Einaudi 11, 00012 Guidonia Montecelio, Roma, Italy
J Pharm Sci 97:3897-906. 2008..This tablet formulation is currently under investigation for the treatment of patients with MS...
- Drugging the Plasmodium kinome: the benefits of academia-industry synergyDidier Leroy
Merck Serono International S A, Geneva Research Center, 9, Chemin des Mines, Case postale 54, CH 1211 Genève 20, Switzerland
Trends Pharmacol Sci 29:241-9. 2008..Early characterisation of distribution, metabolism, pharmacokinetic (DMPK) and toxicology parameters are considered as well...
- The use of chemokine antagonists in EAE modelsAmanda E I Proudfoot
Merck Serono Geneva Research Centre, 9 Chemin des Mines, Geneva, Switzerland
J Neuroimmunol 198:27-30. 2008..We will discuss these strategies and their successes and failures to prevent disease symptoms and the insights they have provided...
- In vivo processing of CXCL12?/SDF-1? after intravenous and subcutaneous administration to miceBruno Antonsson
Department of Protein and Cell Sciences, Geneva Research Center, Merck Serono S A, Geneva, Switzerland
Proteomics 10:4342-51. 2010....