- Growth of single-crystalline KNbO3 nanostructuresA Magrez
Laboratoire des Nanostructures et des Nouveaux Matériaux Electroniques, Institut de Physique de la Matière Complexe, Switzerland
J Phys Chem B 110:58-61. 2006..The results indicate that highly uniform single-crystalline nanowires form within a narrow window of the ternary phase diagram of KOH-Nb2O5-H2O...
- Evidence of an equimolar C2H2-CO2 reaction in the synthesis of carbon nanotubesArnaud Magrez
Laboratoire des Nanostructures et Nouveaux Matériaux Electroniques, Institut de la Matière Complexe, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:441-4. 2007
- Striking influence of the catalyst support and its acid-base properties: new insight into the growth mechanism of carbon nanotubesArnaud Magrez
Laboratory of Complex Matter Physics, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
ACS Nano 5:3428-37. 2011..Finally, the modification of the aciditiy of the catalyst support during the super growth process is also discussed...
- Management of nanomaterials safety in research environmentAmela Groso
Occupational Safety and Health, School of Basic Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Part Fibre Toxicol 7:40. 2010..This methodology is being implemented at the Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne in over 100 research labs dealing with nanomaterials. It is our opinion that it would be useful to other research and academia institutions as well...
- Cellular toxicity of carbon-based nanomaterialsArnaud Magrez
Institut de Physique de la Matière Complexe IPMC, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Nano Lett 6:1121-5. 2006..Our work clearly indicated that these materials are toxic while the hazardous effect is size-dependent. Moreover, cytotoxicity is enhanced when the surface of the particles is functionalized after an acid treatment...
- Cellular toxicity of TiO2-based nanofilamentsArnaud Magrez
Institute of Physics of Condensed Matter IPMC, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
ACS Nano 3:2274-80. 2009..On the basis of our findings, we conclude that TiO2-based nanofilaments are cytotoxic and thus precautions should be taken during their manipulation...
- High-efficiency solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells: fast charge extraction through self-assembled 3D fibrous network of crystalline TiO2 nanowiresNicolas Tétreault
Laboratory of Photonic and Interfaces, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Physics, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
ACS Nano 4:7644-50. 2010..This architecture offers a high roughness factor, significant light scattering, and up to several orders of magnitude faster electron transport to reach a near-record-breaking conversion efficiency of 4.9%...
- Diameter-dependent elastic modulus supports the metastable-catalyst growth of carbon nanotubesKyumin Lee
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Institute of Physics of Complex Matter, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Nano Lett 7:1598-602. 2007..Our results support the metastable-catalyst model in which the catalyst's molten skin plays a key role...