- Determinants of persistence in hypertensive patients treated with irbesartan: results of a postmarketing surveyMichel Burnier
Service de Nephrologie, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 5:13. 2005..The goal of this survey was to evaluate the tolerance and the blood pressure lowering effect of irbesartan as well as the factors affecting persistence in a large unselected population...
- Nutritional aspects of stone diseaseBernhard Hess
Departments of Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Hospital Zimmerberg, CH 8820 Waedenswil, Switzerland
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 31:1017-30, ix-x. 2002..It is in these subjects that "bad dietary habits" induce nephrolithiasis, making nutritional aspects important. This article reviews the current evidence-based knowledge of the impact of nutrition on the recurrence of a kidney stone...
- [Pathophysiology, diagnosis and conservative therapy in calcium kidney calculi]B Hess
Medizinische Klinik, Spital Zimmerberg, Wädenswil
Ther Umsch 60:79-87. 2003..0005)...
- Tamm-Horsfall protein in recurrent calcium kidney stone formers with positive family history: abnormalities in urinary excretion, molecular structure and functionMarkus Jaggi
Renal Stone Clinic and Stone Research Laboratory, Policlinic of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Berne, Switzerland
Urol Res 35:55-62. 2007..Such increasingly aggregated THP molecules predispose to exaggerated calcium oxalate crystal aggregation, an important prerequisite for urinary stone formation...
- Acid-base metabolism: implications for kidney stones formationBernhard Hess
Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Klinik Im Park, Bellariastrasse 38, 8038, Zurich, Switzerland
Urol Res 34:134-8. 2006..e., alkali. In the dRTA, alkali is needed for improving the body's buffer capacity, whereas the goal of alkali treatment in uric acid stone formers is to increase the urinary pH to 6.2-6.8 in order to minimize uric acid crystallization...