- The Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) review of the literature--What does it tell us?Y Guigoz
Applied Science and Quality Assurance, Nestle Product Technology Centre, Nestle Strasse 3, 3510 Konolfingen, Switzerland
J Nutr Health Aging 10:466-85; discussion 485-7. 2006..It should be included in the geriatric assessment and is proposed in the minimum data set for nutritional interventions...
- Identifying the elderly at risk for malnutrition. The Mini Nutritional AssessmentYves Guigoz
, , CH-3510 Konolfingen, Switzerland
Clin Geriatr Med 18:737-57. 2002....
- The inflammatory status of old age can be nurtured from the intestinal environmentYves Guigoz
Nestlé Nutrition, Nestec Ltd, Vevey, Switzerland
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 11:13-20. 2008....
- Probiotic yogurt in the elderly with intestinal bacterial overgrowth: endotoxaemia and innate immune functionsEduardo J Schiffrin
Nestle Research Center, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Br J Nutr 101:961-6. 2009..In conclusion, probiotic administration in the elderly normalises the response to endotoxin, and modulates activation markers in blood phagocytes, and therefore may help reduce low-grade chronic inflammation...
- The inflammatory status of the elderly: the intestinal contributionEduardo J Schiffrin
Nestlé Nutrition, HealthCare Nutrition, Route des Avouillons 30, CH 1196 Gland, Nestec Ltd, Vevey, Switzerland
Mutat Res 690:50-6. 2010..It is thus possible that nutritional interventions which modify the intestinal ecology can diminish the pro-inflammatory effects of the microbiota and thereby reinforce the mucosal barrier or modulate the cellular activation pathways...
- Falls and risk factors for falls in community-dwelling adults with dementia (NutriAlz trial)Antoni Salva
Institut de l Envelliment, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Sant Pau Institute of Biomedical Research IIB Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 26:74-80. 2012..Dependence in BADL is a risk factor and a consequence of falls; interventions aimed at preventing falls in dementia patients could promote autonomy in BADL and slow its decline...