Ulrich K Genick
- Structure-factor extrapolation using the scalar approximation: theory, applications and limitationsUlrich K Genick
Brandeis University, Department of Biochemistry, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 63:1029-41. 2007..The program XTRA, which implements SASFE (scalar approximation to structure-factor extrapolation), performs error-propagation calculations and determines the effective resolution of the extrapolated data set, is further introduced...
- Sensitivity of genome-wide-association signals to phenotyping strategy: the PROP-TAS2R38 taste association as a benchmarkUlrich K Genick
Department of Food Consumer Interaction, Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e27745. 2011..To facilitate further, target-gene driven, studies on PROP taste perception we provide the genome-wide list of p-values for all SNPs genotyped in the current study...
- Triggering and monitoring light-sensing reactions in protein crystalsPierre Damien Coureux
Department of Chemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusets, USA
Methods Enzymol 422:305-37. 2007..This chapter is intended for readers who want to start using these experimental tools themselves or who wish to understand enough about the techniques to critically evaluate the work of others...
- Picometer-scale conformational heterogeneity separates functional from nonfunctional states of a photoreceptor proteinPierre Damien Coureux
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, 415 South Street, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
Structure 16:863-72. 2008..82 A crystal structure in fact comprises an ensemble of conformational states, in which subpopulations with nearly identical structures display dramatically different functional properties...
- Anticipatory active-site motions and chromophore distortion prime photoreceptor PYP for light activationElizabeth D Getzoff
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Struct Biol 10:663-8. 2003....