D P Brazil
Affiliation: Friedrich Miescher Institute
- Ten years of protein kinase B signalling: a hard Akt to followD P Brazil
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058, Basel, Switzerland
Trends Biochem Sci 26:657-64. 2001....
- Insulin-stimulated protein kinase B phosphorylation on Ser-473 is independent of its activity and occurs through a staurosporine-insensitive kinaseM M Hill
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH-4058 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:25643-6. 2001..Moreover, our results suggest that inhibition of PKB signaling is involved in the proapoptotic action of staurosporine...
- Carboxyl-terminal modulator protein (CTMP), a negative regulator of PKB/Akt and v-Akt at the plasma membraneS M Maira
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Post Office Box 2543, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Science 294:374-80. 2001..These findings identify CTMP as a negative regulatory component of the pathway controlling PKB activity...
- Identification of tyrosine phosphorylation sites on 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 and their role in regulating kinase activityJ Park
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, Basel CH 4058, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:37459-71. 2001..Thus, these data suggest that PDK1 activity is regulated by reversible phosphorylation, possibly by a member of the Src kinase family...
- Cell polarity: Scaffold proteins par excellenceD P Brazil
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Biol 10:R592-4. 2000..Recent studies have identified one of these proteins, Par6, as a key regulator of cell polarity and transformation via its interactions with small GTPases and atypical forms of protein kinase C...