Affiliation: CSL Behring GmbH
- Pharmacokinetics of subcutaneous immunoglobulin and their use in dosing of replacement therapy in patients with primary immunodeficienciesMelvin Berger
Immunology Research and Development, CSL Behring, King of Prussia, PA 19406 0901, USA
Clin Immunol 139:133-41. 2011..When switching a patient from IVIG to SCIG, individualizing the dosage based on measured serum IgG levels and the clinical response is preferable to using mean pharmacokinetic parameters...
- Improved quality of life, immunoglobulin G levels, and infection rates in patients with primary immunodeficiency diseases during self-treatment with subcutaneous immunoglobulin GMelvin Berger
Medical Affairs Department CSL Behring, King of Prussia, PA, USA
South Med J 103:856-63. 2010..We evaluated the long-term (12-month) experience with home-based self infusions of subcutaneous immune globulin (SCIG) in patients with PIDD on health-related QoL, rates of serious bacterial infections, and all other infections...
- Incidence of Infection is Inversely Related to Steady-State (Trough) Serum IgG Level in Studies of Subcutaneous IgG in PIDDMelvin Berger
CSL Behring LLC, 1020 First Ave, King of Prussia, PA, 19406, USA
J Clin Immunol 31:924-6. 2011..Maintaining higher IgG levels may be beneficial, and no given level is necessarily adequate for all patients...
- Bioavailability of IgG administered by the subcutaneous routeMelvin Berger
CSL Behring LLC, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Clin Immunol 33:984-90. 2013..The results are interpreted as showing that different SCIGs differ in bioavailability. We used three approaches to determine if the bioavailabilities were actually different...
- Immunologic challenges in small bowel transplantationM Berger
Immunology R and D, CSL Behring, LLC, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Am J Transplant 12:S2-8. 2012..Monitoring antidonor antibody production and the use of new therapies including complement inhibitors will contribute to increasing success of SBT...
- L-proline-stabilized human IgG: Privigen® 10% for intravenous use and Hizentra® 20% for subcutaneous useMelvin Berger
Immunology R and D, CSL Behring LLC, 1020 First Ave, PO Box 61501, King of Prussia, PA 19406 0901, USA
Immunotherapy 3:163-76. 2011..These improvements, which translate into improved convenience for pharmacies and patients, were achieved with no compromise in safety, efficacy or tolerability of the products...
- Choices in IgG replacement therapy for primary immune deficiency diseases: subcutaneous IgG vs. intravenous IgG and selecting an optimal doseMelvin Berger
Immunology Research and Development, CSL Behring LLC, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:532-8. 2011....
- Use of intravenous immunoglobulin and adjunctive therapies in the treatment of primary immunodeficiencies: A working group report of and study by the Primary Immunodeficiency Committee of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and ImmunologyPierre L Yong
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin Immunol 135:255-63. 2010..Thus, a need for expanded clinical research in PIDD to optimize management and potentially improve outcomes was defined...