Affiliation: Clinical Pharmacology Unit
- Critical considerations into the new EMA guideline on bioequivalenceAntonio Marzo
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, I P A S SA, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 61:207-20. 2011....
- Open questions on bioequivalence: the case of multiple peak phenomenonAntonio Marzo
I.P.A.S. S.A, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto, Switzerland
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:281-2. 2004
- Development steps of pharmacokinetics: a perspective on bioanalytical methods and bioequivalenceAntonio Marzo
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Institute for Pharmacokinetic and Analytical Studies SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto Switzerland
Curr Clin Pharmacol 7:328-32. 2012....
- Tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS): a predominant role in bioassays for pharmacokinetic studiesAntonio Marzo
I P A S S A Institute for Pharmacokinetic and Analytical Studies, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 57:122-8. 2007..This paper analyses the growing development of the LC-MS-MS technique and compares four couples of methods validated with HPLC or GC versus LC-MS-MS, giving analytical details of the two approaches...
- Open questions on bioequivalence: an updated reappraisalAntonio Marzo
IPAS SA, Via Mastri, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Curr Clin Pharmacol 2:179-89. 2007..An appropriate approach to the "open questions" is a requisite to achieve a clearly defined bioequivalence/bioinequi-valence conclusion...
- Pharmacokinetics of isoxsuprine hydrochloride administered orally and intramuscularly to female healthy volunteersAntonio Marzo
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, I P A S SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 59:455-60. 2009..This was an expected finding attributable to the stimulating activity of beta-adrenergic receptors. The tolerability of isoxsuprine proved to be very good with all the four administrations performed...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ritodrine hydrochloride administered orally and intramuscularly to female healthy volunteersAntonio Marzo
IPAS SA, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 60:510-8. 2010..o. absorption of ritodrine hydrochloride was linearly related with the doses administered in the 10-30 mg range. The pharmacodynamic parameters evaluated complied with the mechanism of action of this drug...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of safinamide, a neuroprotectant with antiparkinsonian and anticonvulsant activityAntonio Marzo
IPAS SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto TI, Switzerland
Pharmacol Res 50:77-85. 2004....
- The degree of predictivity in pilot studies on six subjects in bioequivalence trialsAntonio Marzo
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, IPAS SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Pharmacol Res 49:283-6. 2004....
- Open questions on bioequivalence: what about the time interval between two consecutive trials?Antonio Marzo
I P A S S A, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 57:505-6. 2007..This appears to be an additional open question on bioequivalence...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic comparative study of zofenopril and enalapril in healthy volunteersAntonio Marzo
I.P.A.S. Institute for Pharmacokinetic and Analytical Studies S.A, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 52:233-42. 2002..The main difference in the pharmacokinetics of the two compounds is the conversion from pro-drug to the active metabolite which is faster with zofenopril...
- Bioequivalence of ticlopidine hydrochloride administered in single dose to healthy volunteersAntonio Marzo
IPAS SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto, Switzerland
Pharmacol Res 46:401-7. 2002..According to guidelines operating in Europe, the test formulation of ticlopidine hydrochloride can be declared bioequivalent with the reference, both formulations in 250mg tablets...
- Enantioselective analytical methods in pharmacokinetics with specific reference to genetic polymorphic metabolismAntonio Marzo
IPAS SA, Via Mastri 36, 6853 Ligornetto, Switzerland
J Biochem Biophys Methods 54:57-70. 2002..It includes a specific discussion for the genetic polymorphic metabolism involving stereogenic centres...
- Pharmacokinetic behaviour of antithrombin III following intravenous infusion in healthy volunteersAntonio Marzo
IPAS Institute for Pharmacokinetic and Analytical Studies S A, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Ligornetto, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 52:187-93. 2002..The authors conclude that the nanofiltration step neither affects at all the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics nor the safety of the formulation investigated...
- Bioassay of safinamide in biological fluids of humans and various animal speciesLorenzo Dal Bo
Arzneimittelforschung 56:814-9. 2006..Main pharmacokinetic results obtained in various Phase I trials on healthy volunteers are briefly reported...
- Pharmacokinetics of N-acetylcysteine following repeated intravenous infusion in haemodialysed patientsDavide Soldini
Division of Nephrology, Ospedale Regionale di Bellinzona e Valli, 6500, Bellinzona (TI, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:859-64. 2005..The dialytic clearance is effective, the total body clearance being reduced to 1.25 l h(-1). In dialysis patients, 2 g NAC given intravenously over 3 h is a safe dosage, with no short-term side effects...
- Pressor response to intravenous tyramine in healthy subjects after safinamide, a novel neuroprotectant with selective, reversible monoamine oxidase B inhibitionCarlo Cattaneo
Newron Pharmaceuticals S.p.A, Via Ludovico Ariosto 21, 20091 Gerenzano, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 26:213-7. 2003..These results suggest that dietary restrictions for food with high tyramine content should not be required under safinamide treatment...
- Bioequivalence study of fluoxetine hydrochloride in healthy volunteersThomas Keller
Mepha Ltd, Aesch, BL, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 55:491-7. 2005..In conclusion, the present trial has demonstrated bioequivalence of the test and the reference formulation, both consisting of fluoxetine hydrochloride dispersible tablets...