Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- [Cell therapies in cardiology: results from the first randomized clinical trials]G Vassalli
Service de cardiologie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 3:110-2, 114. 2007..Despite mixed results reported so far, cell therapy of heart disease still is in its infancy and has considerable room for improvement...
- [Microvascular dysfunction and myocardial ischemia]Giuseppe Vassalli
Division de cardiologie, Service de cardiologie et Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:1521-5. 2008..Assessing microvascular fonction is a major component of the evaluation of myocardial ischemia in the absence of coronary artery stenoses...
- Bone marrow stem cell therapy for cardiac repair: challenges and perspectivesG Vassalli
Department of Cardiology, CHUV University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Minerva Cardioangiol 55:659-67. 2007....
- A peptide inhibitor of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase reduces myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury and infarct size in vivoGiuseppina Milano
Departments of Cardiovascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1828-35. 2007..01). In conclusion, d-JNKI-1 is an important compound that can be used in preclinical models to investigate the role of JNK signaling in vivo. Inhibition of JNK during I/R is cardioprotective in anesthetized rats in vivo...
- [Surgical options for terminal heart failure]L K von Segesser
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 1:1432-7. 2005....
- Gene transfer of RANTES and MCP-1 chemokine antagonists prolongs cardiac allograft survivalS Fleury
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Gene Ther 13:1104-9. 2006..8+/-5.5 vs 15.4+/-0.5 days with cyclosporine alone (P<0.001). These results suggest a role for anti-chemokine gene therapy as an adjuvant therapy in heart transplantation...
- Brief reoxygenation episodes during chronic hypoxia enhance posthypoxic recovery of LV function: role of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwaysSandrine Morel
Department of Cardiology, University of Lausanne, CHUV, BH10 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland, and Department of Cardiac Surgery, Alder Hey Royal Children Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Basic Res Cardiol 101:336-45. 2006..Brief normoxic episodes during chronic hypoxia prevent p38-MAPK activation and restore posthypoxic recovery of myocardial function...
- Expressed isolated integrin beta1 subunit cytodomain induces endothelial cell death secondary to detachmentMeriem Hasmim
Centre Pluridisciplinaire d Oncologie, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Epalinges, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 94:1060-70. 2005..e. anoikis). They also reveal an essential role for integrins in the adhesion and survival of quiescent endothelial cells in vivo...
- Heart HIF-1alpha and MAP kinases during hypoxia: are they associated in vivo?Anna Caretti
Department of Medicine, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:887-94. 2007..In conclusion, although very sensitive to the reoxygenation, HIF-1alpha is overexpressed in vivo in the hypoxic myocardium, and its acute induction by hypoxia is correlated with that of p38...
- The MRL mouse repairs both cryogenic and ischemic myocardial infarcts with scarPhilippe Grisel
Department of Cardiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne 1011, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Pathol 17:14-22. 2008..Given the divergent outcomes in infarct healing in MRL mice reported by those two studies, we have investigated whether MRL mice heal myocardial infarcts without scar both in the cryoinjury and in the coronary ligation model...
- Molecular genetics of myocardial infarction: many genes, more questions than answersGiuseppe Vassalli
Eur Heart J 25:451-3. 2004