Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Test result-based sampling: an efficient design for estimating the accuracy of patient safety indicatorsPatrick Taffe
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Decis Making 32:E1-12. 2012..We tested a sampling design based on test results (verification-biased sampling [VBS]) that minimizes the number of subjects to be verified...
- A joint back calculation model for the imputation of the date of HIV infection in a prevalent cohortPatrick Taffe
Data Center, Swiss HIV Cohort Study, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Stat Med 27:4835-53. 2008..Results of simulation studies indicated that the imputation procedure worked well, despite the intrinsic high volatility of the CD4 marker...
- Contribution of genome-wide significant single-nucleotide polymorphisms and antiretroviral therapy to dyslipidemia in HIV-infected individuals: a longitudinal studyMargalida Rotger
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:621-8. 2009..Recent genome-wide association studies have reliably associated common SNPs to dyslipidemia in the general population...
- Impact of single nucleotide polymorphisms and of clinical risk factors on new‐onset diabetes mellitus in HIV‐infected individualsMargalida Rotger
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 51:1090-8. 2010..Recent genome-wide association studies have reliably associated multiple single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) to DM in the general population...
- Impact of occasional short interruptions of HAART on the progression of HIV infection: results from a cohort studyPatrick Taffe
Coordination and Data Center, Swiss HIV Cohort Study, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
AIDS 16:747-55. 2002..Data from the prospective Swiss HIV Cohort Study were used...
- Gilbert syndrome and the development of antiretroviral therapy-associated hyperbilirubinemiaMargalida Rotger
Institute of Microbiology and Service of Infectious Diseases, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 192:1381-6. 2005..An understanding of the interaction between genetic predisposition and ART may help to identify individuals at highest risk for developing jaundice...
- Modeling the influence of APOC3, APOE, and TNF polymorphisms on the risk of antiretroviral therapy-associated lipid disordersPhilip E Tarr
Infectious Diseases Service, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 191:1419-26. 2005..Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in genes involved in lipoprotein and adipocyte metabolism may explain why dyslipidemia and lipoatrophy occur in some but not all antiretroviral therapy (ART)-treated individuals...
- Risk for Pneumocystis carinii transmission among patients with pneumonia: a molecular epidemiology studyElodie Senggen Manoloff
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Emerg Infect Dis 9:132-4. 2003..Our analysis suggests that transmission from patients with active PCP to susceptible persons caused only a few, if any, PCP cases in our setting...
- High prevalence of peripheral arterial disease in HIV-infected personsDaniel Periard
Angiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 46:761-7. 2008..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) has not been evaluated, however. We studied the cross-sectional prevalence of lower limb PAD in an HIV-infected population...
- In vitro whole-genome analysis identifies a susceptibility locus for HIV-1Corinne Loeuillet
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 6:e32. 2008..Genetic analysis of in vitro cellular phenotypes provides an attractive approach for the discovery of susceptibility loci to infectious agents...
- All cause mortality in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study from 1990 to 2001 in comparison with the Swiss populationOlivia Keiser
Data Centre of the Swiss HIV Cohort Study, Lausanne, Switzerland
AIDS 18:1835-43. 2004..Mortality within the Swiss HIV Cohort Study for the years 1990-2001 was compared with the mortality of the general Swiss population...
- Surgical safety and hospital volume across a wide range of interventionsYves Eggli
Institute of Health Economics and Management, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Care 48:962-71. 2010..Extending the analysis to a broader range of interventions and outcomes is necessary before adopting policies based on minimum volume thresholds...
- Accuracy of prehospital triage of trauma patients by emergency physicians: a retrospective study in western SwitzerlandPierre Nicolas Carron
Emergency Service, University Hospital Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Emerg Med 18:86-93. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the prehospital triage performed by physicians and to identify the predictive factors leading to errors of triage...
- The effect of patient, provider and financing regulations on the intensity of ambulatory physical therapy episodes: a multilevel analysis based on routinely available dataPatricia Halfon
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine IUMSP, University Hospital Center and Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Biopôle 2, Route de la Corniche 10, 1010, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 15:52. 2015..We sought to quantify the contribution of patients and providers to these differences and examine how effective Swiss regulations are (nine-session ceiling per prescription and bonus for first treatments)...
- Impact of recommendation updates in well-controlled patients on nonrecommended antiretroviral therapies: the Swiss HIV cohort studyNoémie Boillat-Blanco
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Service, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:180-9. 2013..HIV treatment recommendations are updated as clinical trials are published. Whether recommendations drive clinicians to change antiretroviral therapy in well-controlled patients is unexplored...
- Improved accuracy of co-morbidity coding over time after the introduction of ICD-10 administrative dataJean Marie Januel
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, CHUV and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 11:194. 2011....
- Reduced ejection fraction after myocardial infarction: is it sufficient to justify implantation of a defibrillator?Patrizio Pascale
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Chest 128:2626-32. 2005..This study evaluates the mortality rate in survivors of MI with impaired left ventricular function and its relation to pre-hospital discharge baseline characteristics...
- Myocardial infarct size and mortality depend on the time of day-a large multicenter studyStephane Fournier
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Center CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 10:e0119157. 2015..The aim of this study was to analyze circadian variation of myocardial infarction size and in-hospital mortality in a large multicenter registry...
- Reproducibility of diabetes quality of care indicators as reported by patients and physiciansTinh Hai Collet
1 Service of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland 2 Department of Ambulatory Care and Community Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Public Health 24:1004-9. 2014..Self-report of diabetes care has moderate validity and is prone to under- and over-reporting. We assessed reproducibility of a range of processes and outcomes of diabetes care as reported by patients and physicians...
- Improving blood pressure control through pharmacist interventions: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsValérie Santschi
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Am Heart Assoc 3:e000718. 2014..By updating and combining data from 2 previous systematic reviews, we assess the effect of pharmacist interventions on BP and identify potential determinants of heterogeneity...
- Comparison of neoadjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy versus radiochemotherapy followed by resection for stage III (N2) NSCLCEdgardo Pezzetta
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:1092-8. 2005....
- Influence of clinical and economical factors on the expert rating of appropriateness of preoperative use of recombinant erythropoietin in elective orthopedic surgery patientsPatrick Taffe
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Lausanne, CH 1005, Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Decis Making 24:122-30. 2004..01). For assessing appropriateness of care, this study confirms the need for detailed clinical scenarios and a multidisciplinary panel carefully selected to reflect those involved in the interventions under consideration...
- Discriminant validity and test-retest reliability of a self-administered Internet-based questionnaire testing doctors' knowledge in evidence-based medicineRachel Voellinger
Clinical Epidemiology Centre, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine IUMSP, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Eval Clin Pract 17:471-7. 2011..This study aimed to determine the discriminant validity and the test-retest reliability of a questionnaire testing the impact of evidence-based medicine (EBM) training on doctors' knowledge and skills...
- The inter-rater reliability of the Pulmonary Embolism Severity IndexMontserrat Fraga
Division of General Internal Medicine University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 104:1258-62. 2010..92, 95% CI: 0.72-0.98) was near perfect. Our results demonstrate the high reproducibility of the PESI, supporting the use of the PESI for risk stratification of patients with PE...
- Interhuman transmission as a potential key parameter for geographical variation in the prevalence of Pneumocystis jirovecii dihydropteroate synthase mutationsPhilippe M Hauser
Institute of Microbiology, Swiss HIV Cohort Study, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 51:e28-33. 2010..This retrospective study sought to better understand the geographical variation in the prevalence of these mutations...