Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Diagnostic approach to eosinophilic oesophagitis: Pearls and pitfallsAlain Schoepfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Rue de Bugnon 44, 07 2409, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 29:783-92. 2015..This review highlights the latest insights regarding the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of EoE...
- Development and validation of a symptom-based activity index for adults with eosinophilic esophagitisAlain M Schoepfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Gastroenterology 147:1255-66.e21. 2014..We also evaluated relationships between patient assessment of disease severity and EoE-associated endoscopic, histologic, and laboratory findings...
- Delay in diagnosis of eosinophilic esophagitis increases risk for stricture formation in a time-dependent mannerAlain M Schoepfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Gastroenterology 145:1230-6.e1-2. 2013..Little is known about progression of stricture formation; we evaluated stricture development over time in the absence of treatment and investigated risk factors for stricture formation...
- Fecal calprotectin more accurately reflects endoscopic activity of ulcerative colitis than the Lichtiger Index, C-reactive protein, platelets, hemoglobin, and blood leukocytesAlain M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, Switzerland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:332-41. 2013..We aimed to evaluate the correlation between endoscopic activity and fecal calprotectin (FC), C-reactive protein (CRP), hemoglobin, platelets, blood leukocytes, and the Lichtiger Index (clinical score)...
- [Eosinophilic esophagitis. The gastroenterologist's perspective]A Schoepfer
Division de gastroentérologie et hépatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Rue de Bugnon 44, 07 2409, 1011 Lausanne, Schweiz
Pathologe 33:225-7. 2012..Most patients are male and have concomitant atopic disorders. Therapeutic options are based on drugs, diet and dilation...
- Monitoring inflammatory bowel disease activity: clinical activity is judged to be more relevant than endoscopic severity or biomarkersAlain M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Crohns Colitis 6:412-8. 2012..We aimed to investigate by which method gastroenterologists monitor IBD activity in daily practice...
- [Highlights in gastroenterology and hepatology 2010]A Schoepfer
Service de Gastroentérologie et d Hépatologie, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 7:25-9. 2011..These new developments will be summarized and discussed critically, with a particular emphasis on their potential implications for current and future clinical practice...
- Eosinophilic oesophagitis: latest intelligenceA M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, CHUV University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Exp Allergy 41:630-9. 2011..Neither the diagnostic nor the long-term therapeutic strategies are as yet defined...