Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Development and validation of a symptom-based activity index for adults with eosinophilic esophagitisAlain M Schoepfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Gastroenterology 147:1255-66.e21. 2014..We also evaluated relationships between patient assessment of disease severity and EoE-associated endoscopic, histologic, and laboratory findings...
- Delay in diagnosis of eosinophilic esophagitis increases risk for stricture formation in a time-dependent mannerAlain M Schoepfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Gastroenterology 145:1230-6.e1-2. 2013..Little is known about progression of stricture formation; we evaluated stricture development over time in the absence of treatment and investigated risk factors for stricture formation...
- Fecal calprotectin more accurately reflects endoscopic activity of ulcerative colitis than the Lichtiger Index, C-reactive protein, platelets, hemoglobin, and blood leukocytesAlain M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, Switzerland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:332-41. 2013..We aimed to evaluate the correlation between endoscopic activity and fecal calprotectin (FC), C-reactive protein (CRP), hemoglobin, platelets, blood leukocytes, and the Lichtiger Index (clinical score)...
- [Eosinophilic esophagitis. The gastroenterologist's perspective]A Schoepfer
Division de gastroentérologie et hépatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Rue de Bugnon 44, 07 2409, 1011 Lausanne, Schweiz
Pathologe 33:225-7. 2012..Most patients are male and have concomitant atopic disorders. Therapeutic options are based on drugs, diet and dilation...
- Monitoring inflammatory bowel disease activity: clinical activity is judged to be more relevant than endoscopic severity or biomarkersAlain M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Crohns Colitis 6:412-8. 2012..We aimed to investigate by which method gastroenterologists monitor IBD activity in daily practice...
- [Highlights in gastroenterology and hepatology 2010]A Schoepfer
Service de Gastroentérologie et d Hépatologie, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 7:25-9. 2011..These new developments will be summarized and discussed critically, with a particular emphasis on their potential implications for current and future clinical practice...
- Eosinophilic oesophagitis: latest intelligenceA M Schoepfer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, CHUV University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Exp Allergy 41:630-9. 2011..Neither the diagnostic nor the long-term therapeutic strategies are as yet defined...