Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Effects of particulate matter on inflammatory markers in the general adult populationDai Hua Tsai
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
Part Fibre Toxicol 9:24. 2012..Although the precise mechanisms underlying this association are still unclear, the induction of systemic inflammation following particle inhalation represents a plausible mechanistic pathway...
- A road map toward a globally harmonized approach for occupational health surveillance and epidemiology in nanomaterial workersMichael Riediker
IST Institut universitaire romand de Santé au Travail Institute for Work and Health, Université de Lausanne Genève, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Occup Environ Med 54:1214-23. 2012..Few epidemiological studies have addressed the health of workers exposed to novel manufactured nanomaterials. The small current workforce will necessitate pooling international cohorts...
- Management of nanomaterials safety in research environmentAmela Groso
Occupational Safety and Health, School of Basic Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Part Fibre Toxicol 7:40. 2010..This methodology is being implemented at the Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne in over 100 research labs dealing with nanomaterials. It is our opinion that it would be useful to other research and academia institutions as well...
- Toxic effects of brake wear particles on epithelial lung cells in vitroMichael Gasser
Institute for Anatomy, Division of Histology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Part Fibre Toxicol 6:30. 2009..abstract:..
- Associations of Short-Term Particle and Noise Exposures with Markers of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Health among Highway Maintenance WorkersReto Meier
Institute for Work and Health Institut universitaire romand de Santé au Travail, University of Lausanne and University of Geneva, Lausanne, Switzerland
Environ Health Perspect 122:726-32. 2014..2014. Associations of short-term particle and noise exposures with markers of cardiovascular and respiratory health among highway maintenance workers. Environ Health Perspect 122:726-732; http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1307100. ..
- Nanoparticle usage and protection measures in the manufacturing industry--a representative surveyKaspar Schmid
Institut Universitaire Romand de Sante au Travail, University of Lausanne and University of Geneva, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Occup Environ Hyg 7:224-32. 2010..Noting the current low use of nanoparticles, there is still time to proactively introduce protective methods. If the predicted "nano-revolution" comes true, now is the time to take action...