Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Coping and defence mechanisms: what's the difference?--second actUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute of Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Site de Cery, Prilly Lausannne, Switzerland
Psychol Psychother 83:207-21. 2010....
- [Psychotherapy of chronic depression: Contributions of CBASP by McCullough]U Kramer
Section Karl Jaspers, Département de Psychiatrie CHUV, Institut universitaire de psychothérapie, Universite de Lausanne, 9, avenue d Echallens, 1004 Lausanne, Suisse Electronic address
Encephale 39:137-42. 2013..Chronic depression is a frequent disorder and is usually treated using traditional approaches. These approaches rarely take into account the psychopathological specificities of the chronic evolution of the disorder...
- Motive-oriented therapeutic relationship in brief psychodynamic intervention for patients with depression and personality disordersUeli Kramer
Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, CHUV, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol 67:1017-27. 2011..These results are discussed in line with the generalization and refinement of the conclusions of previous findings on the MOTR...
- Effects of motive-oriented therapeutic relationship in early-phase treatment of borderline personality disorder: a pilot study of a randomized trialUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute of Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:244-50. 2011..These results may have important clinical implications for the early-phase treatment of patients presenting with BPD...
- [What place is there for psychotherapy in public psychiatry?]U Kramer
Institut universitaire de psychothérapie, Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Site de Cery, Bâtiment Les Cèdres, Prilly
Rev Med Suisse 6:1760-2, 1764. 2010..We conclude by underlining the convergences of the two programmes...
- Change in defense mechanisms and coping over the course of short-term dynamic psychotherapy for adjustment disorderUeli Kramer
University of Lausanne
J Clin Psychol 66:1232-41. 2010..Links with outcome confirm the importance of the effect. These results are discussed from methodological and clinical viewpoints...
- Specificities of defense mechanisms in bipolar affective disorder: relations with symptoms and therapeutic allianceUeli Kramer
Departments of Psychology, University Hospitals of Lausanne, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:675-81. 2009..These results are discussed with regard to the psychological vulnerability of BD, and treatment implications for psychodynamic psychotherapy with such challenging patients are evoked...
- Alliance patterns over the course of short-term dynamic psychotherapy: the shape of productive relationshipsUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, Bâtiment des Cèdres, Site de Cery, CH 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Psychother Res 19:699-706. 2009..This study sheds additional light on alliance process research, underscores the importance of linear alliance progression for outcome, and also fosters a better understanding of its limitations...
- Defence and coping in bipolar affective disorder: stability and change of adaptational processesUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Br J Clin Psychol 49:291-306. 2010..We are particularly interested in stability and change of these adaptational processes in clinical crisis situations of in-patients presenting with bipolar affective disorder...
- Early change in defence mechanisms and coping in short-term dynamic psychotherapy: relations with symptoms and allianceUeli Kramer
Institute for Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry CHUV, University of Lausanne, Cèdres Site de Cery, CH 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Psychol Psychother 16:408-17. 2009..These results are discussed within the framework of disentangling processes underlying adaptation, i.e., related to issues on trait and state aspects, as well as the role of the therapeutic alliance...
- Psychotherapeutic case conceptualization using plan analysis for bipolar affective disorderUeli Kramer
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol 65:352-67. 2009..Finally, conclusions are drawn for enhancing psychotherapeutic practice with BD patients, based on the motive-oriented therapeutic relationship...
- Fear and anxiety at the basis of adolescent externalizing and internalizing behaviors: a case studyUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausannne, Switzerland
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 53:113-20. 2009....
- Are relationship patterns with significant others reenacted with the therapist?: a study of early transference reactionsVeronique Beretta
Research Unit of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Prilly, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:443-50. 2007..These findings provide some support for the clinical concept of repetition of internalized relational patterns with the therapist very early in psychotherapy. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Clinical significance and patients' perceived change in four sessions of brief psychodynamic intervention: characteristics of early respondersVeronique Beretta
Research Unit on Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Psychol Psychother 78:347-62. 2005..Results were maintained at 3 month and 6 month follow-ups. Findings are discussed in reference to Howard's suggestions on remoralization and remission...
- The role of alliance in the relationship between therapist competence and outcome in brief psychodynamic psychotherapyJean Nicolas Despland
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:362-7. 2009..These findings are discussed with regard to the importance for outcome of therapist competence and alliance construction processes...
- Using plan analysis in psychotherapeutic case formulation of borderline personality disorderLaurent Berthoud
University Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Psychol Psychother 20:1-9. 2013..These findings are in line with earlier studies and expand the latter with the aim of contributing to the understanding of BPD psychopathology. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Advance directives in bipolar disorder, a cognitive behavioural conceptualizationYasser Khazaal
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:1-8. 2008..Therefore, this intervention seems to be relevant for patients with bipolar disorder...
- [Psychiatry]Patrice Guex
Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 7:150-3. 2011..Systematic follow-up of the metabolic syndrome, often induced by atypical antipsychotics, belongs to those basic adjustment processes...