Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Coping and defence mechanisms: what's the difference?--second actUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute of Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Site de Cery, Prilly Lausannne, Switzerland
Psychol Psychother 83:207-21. 2010....
- Change in defense mechanisms and coping patterns during the course of 2-year-long psychotherapy and psychoanalysis for recurrent depression: a pilot study of a randomized controlled trialUeli Kramer
Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry CHUV, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:614-20. 2013..These results are discussed along with previous data comparing change in defense mechanisms and coping during the course of treatments. ..
- Change in cognitive errors and coping over the course of brief psychodynamic interventionUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute of Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol 69:727-36. 2013....
- [Psychotherapy of chronic depression: contributions of CBASP by McCullough]U Kramer
Section Karl Jaspers, Département de Psychiatrie CHUV, Institut universitaire de psychothérapie, Universite de Lausanne, 9, avenue d Echallens, 1004 Lausanne, Suisse
Encephale 39:137-42. 2013..Chronic depression is a frequent disorder and is usually treated using traditional approaches. These approaches rarely take into account the psychopathological specificities of the chronic evolution of the disorder...
- Motive-oriented therapeutic relationship in brief psychodynamic intervention for patients with depression and personality disordersUeli Kramer
Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, CHUV, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol 67:1017-27. 2011..These results are discussed in line with the generalization and refinement of the conclusions of previous findings on the MOTR...
- Effects of motive-oriented therapeutic relationship in early-phase treatment of borderline personality disorder: a pilot study of a randomized trialUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute of Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:244-50. 2011..These results may have important clinical implications for the early-phase treatment of patients presenting with BPD...
- [What place is there for psychotherapy in public psychiatry?]U Kramer
Institut universitaire de psychothérapie, Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Site de Cery, Bâtiment Les Cèdres, Prilly
Rev Med Suisse 6:1760-2, 1764. 2010..We conclude by underlining the convergences of the two programmes...
- Change in defense mechanisms and coping over the course of short-term dynamic psychotherapy for adjustment disorderUeli Kramer
University of Lausanne
J Clin Psychol 66:1232-41. 2010..Links with outcome confirm the importance of the effect. These results are discussed from methodological and clinical viewpoints...
- Specificities of defense mechanisms in bipolar affective disorder: relations with symptoms and therapeutic allianceUeli Kramer
Departments of Psychology, University Hospitals of Lausanne, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:675-81. 2009..These results are discussed with regard to the psychological vulnerability of BD, and treatment implications for psychodynamic psychotherapy with such challenging patients are evoked...
- Alliance patterns over the course of short-term dynamic psychotherapy: the shape of productive relationshipsUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, Bâtiment des Cèdres, Site de Cery, CH 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Psychother Res 19:699-706. 2009..This study sheds additional light on alliance process research, underscores the importance of linear alliance progression for outcome, and also fosters a better understanding of its limitations...
- Defence and coping in bipolar affective disorder: stability and change of adaptational processesUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Br J Clin Psychol 49:291-306. 2010..We are particularly interested in stability and change of these adaptational processes in clinical crisis situations of in-patients presenting with bipolar affective disorder...
- Early change in defence mechanisms and coping in short-term dynamic psychotherapy: relations with symptoms and allianceUeli Kramer
Institute for Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry CHUV, University of Lausanne, Cèdres Site de Cery, CH 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Psychol Psychother 16:408-17. 2009..These results are discussed within the framework of disentangling processes underlying adaptation, i.e., related to issues on trait and state aspects, as well as the role of the therapeutic alliance...
- Psychotherapeutic case conceptualization using plan analysis for bipolar affective disorderUeli Kramer
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol 65:352-67. 2009..Finally, conclusions are drawn for enhancing psychotherapeutic practice with BD patients, based on the motive-oriented therapeutic relationship...
- Fear and anxiety at the basis of adolescent externalizing and internalizing behaviors: a case studyUeli Kramer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Prilly Lausannne, Switzerland
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 53:113-20. 2009....
- Are relationship patterns with significant others reenacted with the therapist?: a study of early transference reactionsVeronique Beretta
Research Unit of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Prilly, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:443-50. 2007..These findings provide some support for the clinical concept of repetition of internalized relational patterns with the therapist very early in psychotherapy. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Using plan analysis in psychotherapeutic case formulation of borderline personality disorderLaurent Berthoud
University Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Psychol Psychother 20:1-9. 2013..These findings are in line with earlier studies and expand the latter with the aim of contributing to the understanding of BPD psychopathology. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Clinical significance and patients' perceived change in four sessions of brief psychodynamic intervention: characteristics of early respondersVeronique Beretta
Research Unit on Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Psychol Psychother 78:347-62. 2005..Results were maintained at 3 month and 6 month follow-ups. Findings are discussed in reference to Howard's suggestions on remoralization and remission...
- The role of alliance in the relationship between therapist competence and outcome in brief psychodynamic psychotherapyJean Nicolas Despland
Department of Psychiatry CHUV, Institute for Psychotherapy, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:362-7. 2009..These findings are discussed with regard to the importance for outcome of therapist competence and alliance construction processes...
- [Assimilation of problematic experiences: a case study on short-term dynamic psychotherapy]Claudia Meystre
Institut universitaire de psychothérapie, Département de psychiatrie du CHUV, Lausanne, Suisse
Sante Ment Que 36:181-99. 2011..We've chosen eight sessions we transcribed and analyzed by establishing points of contact between the case and the theory. The results are presented and discussed in terms of the evolution of the main voices in the patient...
- Advance directives in bipolar disorder, a cognitive behavioural conceptualizationYasser Khazaal
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:1-8. 2008..Therefore, this intervention seems to be relevant for patients with bipolar disorder...
- [Psychiatry]Patrice Guex
Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 7:150-3. 2011..Systematic follow-up of the metabolic syndrome, often induced by atypical antipsychotics, belongs to those basic adjustment processes...
- Biased thinking assessed by external observers in borderline personality disorderUeli Kramer
Institute of Psychotherapy, Department of Psychiatry CHUV, University of Lausanne, Switzerland Institute of Psychology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland Departments of Counselling Psychology and Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Psychol Psychother 86:183-96. 2013..Conclusions. These results have high levels of ecological validity and are promising for the refinement of cognitive theory of BPD. Clinical implications for assessment and intervention are discussed...
- [Methods of psychotherapy case studies: current perspectives]Ueli Kramer
Institut Universitaire de Psychothérapie et Section Karl Jaspers DP CHUV, Cèdres Site de Cery, Lausanne, Suisse
Sante Ment Que 36:201-16. 2011....