Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- All cause mortality in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study from 1990 to 2001 in comparison with the Swiss populationOlivia Keiser
Data Centre of the Swiss HIV Cohort Study, Lausanne, Switzerland
AIDS 18:1835-43. 2004..Mortality within the Swiss HIV Cohort Study for the years 1990-2001 was compared with the mortality of the general Swiss population...
- Frequency of gynecologic follow-up and cervical cancer screening in the Swiss HIV cohort studyOlivia Keiser
Data Center of the Swiss HIV Cohort Study, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:550-5. 2006..According to current recommendations, HIV-infected women should have at least 1 gynecologic examination per year...
- Influence of CYP2B6 polymorphism on plasma and intracellular concentrations and toxicity of efavirenz and nevirapine in HIV-infected patientsMargalida Rotger
Institute of Microbiology and Section of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:1-5. 2005..Efavirenz (EFV) and nevirapine (NVP) are metabolized by cytochrome P450 2B6 (CYP2B6). Allele 516 G>T (Gln172His) is associated with diminished activity of this isoenzyme, and may lead to differences in drug exposure...
- Public-health and individual approaches to antiretroviral therapy: township South Africa and Switzerland comparedOlivia Keiser
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS Med 5:e148. 2008..We compared virologic response, changes to first-line regimens, and mortality in HIV-infected patients starting HAART in South Africa and Switzerland...
- Durability and outcome of initial antiretroviral treatments received during 2000--2005 by patients in the Swiss HIV Cohort StudyThi Tuyet Nhung Vo
VCHAP Project, Tropical Disease Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
J Infect Dis 197:1685-94. 2008..Little is known about time trends, predictors, and consequences of changes made to antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens early after patients initially start treatment...
- Adverse events to antiretrovirals in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study: effect on mortality and treatment modificationOlivia Keiser
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Switzerland
Antivir Ther 12:1157-64. 2007..Antiretroviral therapy (ART) decreases morbidity and mortality in HIV-infected patients but is associated with considerable adverse events (AEs)...
- Cancer risk in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study: associations with immunodeficiency, smoking, and highly active antiretroviral therapyGary M Clifford
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:425-32. 2005....
- Tuberculosis after initiation of antiretroviral therapy in low-income and high-income countriesMartin W G Brinkhof
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Berne, Finkenhubelweg 11, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 45:1518-21. 2007..48 (95% confidence interval, 0.36-0.64) in low-income countries and 0.36 (95% confidence interval, 0.26-0.50) in high-income countries. A low CD4 cell count at the start of therapy was the most important risk factor in both settings...
- Gender and the use of antiretroviral treatment in resource-constrained settings: findings from a multicenter collaborationPaula Braitstein
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:47-55. 2008....
- Antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings 1996 to 2006: patient characteristics, treatment regimens and monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and Latin AmericaOlivia Keiser
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Finkenhubelweg 11, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Trop Med Int Health 13:870-9. 2008..To describe temporal trends in baseline clinical characteristics, initial treatment regimens and monitoring of patients starting antiretroviral therapy (ART) in resource-limited settings...
- Tenofovir-containing nucleoside/nucleotide-only antiretroviral maintenance therapy: decision making and virological outcomeManuela Buehlmann
Klinik und Poliklinik für Infektiologie, University Hospital of Berne, Switzerland
HIV Clin Trials 7:48-54. 2006....
- Early loss of HIV-infected patients on potent antiretroviral therapy programmes in lower-income countriesMartin W G Brinkhof
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Bern, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 86:559-67. 2008..To analyse the early loss of patients to antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes in resource-limited settings...
- Reporting of observational studies in Antiviral Therapy: a case for STROBE?Olivia Keiser
Antivir Ther 13:743-5. 2008