Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Prevalence of substance use in a Swiss psychiatric hospital: interview reports and urine screeningCharles Bonsack
Unité de recherche évaluative et clinique, Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Hôpital de Cery, 1008 Prilly, Suisse
Addict Behav 31:1252-8. 2006..Co-morbid substance misuse is common in psychiatric disorders, has potentially severe adverse consequences and may be frequently undetected...
- [Qualitative study of a social and health network's expectations for community treatment of severe mental health problems]C Bonsack
Département universitaire de psychiatrie adulte DP CHUV, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly, Lausanne, Suisse
Encephale 33:751-61. 2007....
- [Integration processes and clinical governance in the psychiatric network]C Bonsack
Service de psychiatrie communautaire, Departement de Psychiatrie, Site de Cery, CHUV, Prilly
Rev Med Suisse 5:1822-5. 2009....
- Motivational intervention to reduce cannabis use in young people with psychosis: a randomized controlled trialCharles Bonsack
CHUV Lausanne, Site de Cery, Unité de réhabilitation, Bâtiment des Cèdres, Prilly, Switzerland
Psychother Psychosom 80:287-97. 2011..Studies are needed to explore the efficacy of psychological interventions to reduce cannabis use in psychosis. Our aim is to study the efficacy of a specific motivational intervention on young cannabis users suffering from psychosis...
- [Stigma of "madness" from fate to recovery]C Bonsack
Service de psychiatrie communautaire, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 9:588-92. 2013..The roles of patient and family associations, as well as the recovery model for the professionals, are essential. The aim of this article is to review the various aspects of mental disorders' stigma and to examine ways to cope with them...
- Satisfaction of patients hospitalised in psychiatric hospitals: a randomised comparison of two psychiatric-specific and one generic satisfaction questionnairesIsabelle Peytremann-Bridevaux
Health Services Research Unit, Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Lausanne, 17 Bugnon, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 6:108. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare two psychiatric-specific and one generic questionnaires assessing patients' satisfaction after a hospitalisation in a psychiatric hospital...
- [Psychiatric mobile teams for the three ages of live: the Lausanne experience]C Bonsack
Service de psychiatrie communautaire, Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:1960-2, 1964-6, 1968-9. 2008..The specificities of each age will be analyzed...
- [Motivational interviewing for cannabis users with psychotic disorders]C Bonsack
Département de psychiatrie du CHUV, Faculté de Biologie et Médecine, Universite de Lausanne, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly, Suisse
Encephale 33:819-26. 2007..The conceptualisation of the intervention was based on an extensive literature review and our experience in the treatment of such patients, as well as in the treatment of alcohol abuse through motivational interview...
- Difficult-to-engage patients: a specific target for time-limited assertive outreach in a Swiss settingCharles Bonsack
Unité de Psychiatrie Communautaire, Département de psychiatrie du CHUV, Faculté de Biologie et Médecine, Universite de Lausanne, Switzerland
Can J Psychiatry 50:845-50. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate the applicability and efficiency of time-limited ACT...
- French version validation of the psychotic symptom rating scales (PSYRATS) for outpatients with persistent psychotic symptomsJérôme Favrod
La Source, Health Campus of the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 12:161. 2012..The goal of this study was to examine the psychometric properties of the French version of the PSYRATS...
- Improving insight into delusions: a pilot study of metacognitive training for patients with schizophreniaJérôme Favrod
Community Psychiatric Nursing La Source, Health Campus of the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Adv Nurs 67:401-7. 2011..The paper is a report of a study conducted to test the implementation of the French version of the metacognitive training programme and its effects on psychotic symptoms and awareness of the disorder...
- Anticipatory pleasure skills training: a new intervention to reduce anhedonia in schizophreniaJérôme Favrod
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Center and University of Lausanne, Site de Cery, Prilly, Switzerland
Perspect Psychiatr Care 46:171-81. 2010..The goal of this exploratory pilot study was to assess if a cognitive-sensory intervention could improve anticipatory pleasure...
- [Access to care and maintenance in the community of persons who are difficult to engage in psychiatric treatment]Charles Bonsack
Unité de Psychiatrie Communautaire, Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:225-9. 2004..Results and care's steps of intensive case management as practiced in Lausanne are described and illustrated with cases vignettes...
- [Early intervention for the initial phase of psychotic disorders in Lausanne: what problems and what solutions?]Philippe Conus
Unité Minkovski, Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:221-4. 2004..It is however important to match them to local needs as well as to the structure of local health services. This paper reviews elements that justify such a development in Lausanne, Switzerland, and describe its various elements...
- [Addiction]Jacques Besson
Service de Psychiatrie Communautarie DP CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 6:8-14. 2010..Electronic medias related disorders are on the border of addiction: a case study is exploring this new domain. At last, recent datas are presented on the relationship between cannabis and psychosis...
- [Early intervention in psychotic disorders: which role for primary care practitioners?]Philippe Conus
DP CHUV, Clinique de Cery, 1008 Prilly
Rev Med Suisse 1:2149-50, 2152-3. 2005....
- [Addiction]J Besson
Service de psychiatrie communautaire, Département de psychiatrie DP CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 3:122, 124-7. 2007..Psychosis and cannabis: a motivational approach. 2. Connection between addiction services and psychiatric wards. 3. Use of antiepileptic agents in addiction medicine...
- [Validation of the Temporal Experience of Pleasure Scale (TEPS) in a French-speaking environment]J Favrod
Service de psychiatrie communautaire, Departement de Psychiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Universite de Lausanne, 1008 Lausanne, Suisse
Encephale 35:241-8. 2009..However, if patients report experiencing a lower level of pleasure than controls, they report experiencing as much pleasure as controls with online measurements of emotion...
- [Addictions]J Besson
Unité de toxicodépendance DP CHUV, Centre Saint Martin, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 2:9-13. 2006..3) The apparition of a possible specific pharmacotherapy for excessive gambling. (4) A better knowledge of the relationship between cannabis and psychoses. (5) Resistance to treatment in the doctor-patient relationship...
- [Psychiatry]Patrice Guex
Departement de Psychiatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 7:150-3. 2011..Systematic follow-up of the metabolic syndrome, often induced by atypical antipsychotics, belongs to those basic adjustment processes...
- Rate and predictors of service disengagement in an epidemiological first-episode psychosis cohortPhilippe Conus
Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Universite de Lausanne, Clinique de Cery, Switzerland
Schizophr Res 118:256-63. 2010..To assess the prevalence and predictors of service disengagement in a treated epidemiological cohort of first-episode psychosis (FEP) patients...
- Treatment and early intervention in psychosis program (TIPP-Lausanne): implementation of an early intervention programme for psychosis in SwitzerlandPhilipp Sebastian Baumann
Service of General Psychiatry, Lausanne University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Early Interv Psychiatry 7:322-8. 2013..In this paper, we describe the implementation of a specialized programme aimed at improving engagement and quality of treatment for early psychosis patients in the Lausanne catchment area in Switzerland...
- [Drugs and psychoses: what to do?]Philippe Conus
Département Universitaire de Psychiatrie CHUV, Hôpital de Cery, 1008 Prilly, Suisse
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:149-51. 2004..This paper reviews epidemiological and diagnostic elements, outlines the various treatment stages, the type of medication currently used in such situations and provides a brief description of motivational interview techniques...
- Perceived coercion and need for hospitalization related to psychiatric admissionCharles Bonsack
Département Universitaire de Psychiatrie Adulte DUPA, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Law Psychiatry 28:342-7. 2005..An argument is presented to favor positive pressure from social environment over legal involuntary commitment in many hospitalizations...
- [Coercion in psychiatry: current knowledge and perspectives]Y Khazaal
Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, DUPA, Site de Cery, 1008 Prilly
Rev Med Suisse 1:515-8. 2005..The introduction of the advance directives to Swiss cantonal laws could give rise to different forms of collaboration that are more acceptable to patients...
- Readiness to participate in psychiatric researchDaniele Zullino
Psychiatric University Department for Adult Psychiatry, Clinique de Cery, CH 1008 Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Can J Psychiatry 48:480-4. 2003..Seeking patients' views about their experience in research projects may allow investigators to develop more effective recruitment and retention strategies...
- Alternatives to acute hospital psychiatric care in east-end MontrealAlain D Lesage
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Hopital Louis H Lafontaine, Unité 218, 7401 Hochelaga, Montreal, PQ H1N 3M5
Can J Psychiatry 47:49-55. 2002..Is this reasonable and fair to the responsible medical officers who, as the key care providers, will need to admit patients and develop discharge plans in a reduced-beds environment?..