Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Fast and simple epidemiological typing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa using the double-locus sequence typing (DLST) methodP Basset
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Rue du Bugnon 48, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 33:927-32. 2014..aeruginosa. Moreover, the possibility to give unambiguous definition of types allowed to develop an Internet database ( http://www.dlst.org ) accessible by all. ..
- Evaluation of adding a second marker to overcome Staphylococcus aureus spa typing homoplasiesP Basset
Hospital Preventive Medicine Service, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 50:1475-7. 2012..Although adding a second locus seemed to increase discriminatory power, it was not sufficient to definitively infer evolutionary relationships within a single multilocus sequence type (ST-5)...
- Staphylococcus aureus clfB and spa alleles of the repeat regions are segregated into major phylogenetic lineagesPatrick Basset
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Infect Genet Evol 9:941-7. 2009..However, using both DLST- and spa-typing we were not able to disclose a clear intra-CC structure. Nevertheless, the high diversity of these loci confirmed that they are good markers for local epidemiological investigations...
- Usefulness of double locus sequence typing (DLST) for regional and international epidemiological surveillance of methicilin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusP Basset
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1289-96. 2010..It is only the combination of data from different methods that gives the best chance of describing precisely the epidemiology and phylogeny of MRSA...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec elements in predominant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clones in a small geographic areaPatrick Basset
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4589-95. 2010..In conclusion, our study showed that even if the acquisition of new SCCmec elements at a local level likely occurs, it does not explain all the diversity observed in the study region...
- Short term evolution of a highly transmissible methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clone (ST228) in a tertiary care hospitalValérie Vogel
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e38969. 2012....
- Impact of recombination on genetic variability within Staphylococcus aureus clonal complexesNevena Basic-Hammer
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Infect Genet Evol 10:1117-23. 2010..aureus and suggest that recombination when combined with demographic mechanisms as well as selection might favor the rapid creation of new clonal complexes...
- High proportion of wrongly identified methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriers by use of a rapid commercial PCR assay due to presence of staphylococcal cassette chromosome element lacking the mecA geneDominique S Blanc
Hospital Preventive Medicine Service, Institute of Microbiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 49:722-4. 2011..Further analyses showed that 28 (12.9%) of the patients harbored S. aureus isolates with a staphylococcal cassette chromosome element lacking the mecA gene and were thus incorrectly determined to be MRSA carriers...
- Scale-specific sex-biased dispersal in the Valais shrew unveiled by genetic variation on the Y chromosome, autosomes, and mitochondrial DNAGlenn Yannic
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, and Service de Médecine Préventive Hospitalière, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Evolution 66:1737-50. 2012..These results add to recent reports of scale-specific sex-biased dispersal patterns, and emphasize the usefulness of the Y chromosome in conjunction with mtDNA and autosomes to infer sex specificities...