Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Induction of brain aquaporin 9 (AQP9) in catecholaminergic neurons in diabetic ratsJ Badaut
Neurosurgery Research Group, CHUV UNIL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Brain Res 1188:17-24. 2008..These results show that the level of expression of brain AQP9 is affected by variations of the concentration of insulin in a diabetic model and in vitro...
- Aquaporins in the brain: from aqueduct to "multi-duct"Jerome Badaut
Department of Neurosurgery, CHUV UNIL, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Metab Brain Dis 22:251-63. 2007..These recent exciting results suggest that AQPs may not only be involved in water homeostasis in the brain but could also participate in other important physiological functions...
- Temporal and regional evolution of aquaporin-4 expression and magnetic resonance imaging in a rat pup model of neonatal strokeJÃ©rÃ´me Badaut
Neurosurgery Research Group, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Pavilion 3 Beaumont, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Pediatr Res 62:248-54. 2007..Finally, induction of AQP4 on astrocyte end-feet could participate in tissue preservation after ischemia in the immature rat brain...
- Thrombin in ischemic neuronal deathMarlise de Castro Ribeiro
Neurology Service, BH 19 208, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Exp Neurol 198:199-203. 2006..After 24 h, there was a marked increase in thrombin immunoreactivity on Western blots. Thrombin therefore contributes to ischemic damage in neural tissue in vitro...
- Thrombin-induced ischemic tolerance is prevented by inhibiting c-jun N-terminal kinaseCristina Granziera
Service de Neurologie, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Brain Res 1148:217-25. 2007..These results, from two different TPC models and with two distinct JNK inhibitors, show that JNK is likely to be involved in TPC...
- Hypoxia/hypoglycemia preconditioning prevents the loss of functional electrical activity in organotypic slice culturesJerome Badaut
Neurosurgery Research Group, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Pavillon 3 Beaumont, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Brain Res 1051:117-22. 2005..The major interest and advantage of this system over both the acute slice preparation and primary cell cultures is the ability to simultaneously measure the delayed neuronal damage and neuronal function...
- Time course of aquaporin expression after transient focal cerebral ischemia in miceMarlise de Castro Ribeiro
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci Res 83:1231-40. 2006..The expression of AQP1 remained unchanged. These results suggest that AQP4, but not AQP1 or AQP9, may play an important role in water movement associated with the pathophysiology of edema after transient cerebral ischemia in the mouse...
- Activation of c-Jun in the nuclei of neurons of the CA-1 in thrombin preconditioning occurs via PAR-1Melanie Price
Neurology Service, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci Res 88:1338-47. 2010..By using an antibody against the Ser 73 phosphorylation site of c-Jun, we identify possible additional TPC substrates...
- Protective role of early aquaporin 4 induction against postischemic edema formationLorenz Hirt
Neurology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:423-33. 2009....
- [Roles of aquaporins in the brain]Céline F Guérin
Groupe de recherche neurochirurgicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Pavillon 3, Beaumont, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Sci (Paris) 21:747-52. 2005..This new result strengthens the hypothesis that the AQPs are not only water channels, but that some AQPs may play a role in energy metabolism as metabolite channels...
- D-JNKI1, a cell-penetrating c-Jun-N-terminal kinase inhibitor, protects against cell death in severe cerebral ischemiaLorenz Hirt
Service de Neurologie, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Stroke 35:1738-43. 2004..In 2 models of severe ischemic injury, we have evaluated the neuroprotective action of D-JNKI1, a cell-penetrating and protease-resistant peptide selectively inhibiting the c-Jun-N-terminal kinase (JNK)...
- Aquaporins in brain: distribution, physiology, and pathophysiologyJerome Badaut
Departement de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:367-78. 2002..Facilitation of these movements may contribute to the development of edema formation after acute cerebral insults such as ischemia or traumatic injury...
- Distribution and possible roles of aquaporin 9 in the brainJ Badaut
Department of Neurosurgery, CHUV BH19 208, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Neuroscience 129:971-81. 2004..These hypotheses concerning the function of brain AQP9 are still speculative and open new areas of investigation...
- Distribution of Aquaporin 9 in the adult rat brain: preferential expression in catecholaminergic neurons and in glial cellsJ Badaut
Departement de Neurochirurgie, CHUV BH19 208, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Neuroscience 128:27-38. 2004....
- Astrocyte-specific expression of aquaporin-9 in mouse brain is increased after transient focal cerebral ischemiaJ Badaut
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:477-82. 2001....
- Aquaporin 1 and aquaporin 4 expression in human brain after subarachnoid hemorrhage and in peritumoral tissueJ Badaut
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:495-8. 2003..These results reinforce the hypothesis that AQPs may be involved in the dynamics of brain edema formation or resolution. Further studies are needed to understand their functional role...
- Cell locations for AQP1, AQP4 and 9 in the non-human primate brainI I Arciénega
Neurosurgery Research Group, Lausanne Hospital University CHUV, Pavillon 3, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Neuroscience 167:1103-14. 2010..This relevant species differences have to be considered carefully to assess potential drugs acting on AQPs non-human primate models before entering human clinical trials...