Affiliation: Balgrist University Hospital
- Autologous double-barrel vascularized fibula bone graft for arthrodesis of the shoulder after tumor resectionKarl Wieser
Department of Orthopaedics, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1219-24. 2013....
- Stitch positioning influences the suture hold in supraspinatus tendon repairKarl Wieser
Orthopaedic Department, Balgrist Hospital, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:1587-92. 2013..This study was designed to compare the pull-out strength of simple suture stitches in human supraspinatus tendons with respect to the position of the rotator cable...
- Suture slippage in knotless suture anchors as a potential failure mechanism in rotator cuff repairKarl Wieser
Orthopaedic Department, University of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Switzerland
Arthroscopy 28:1622-7. 2012..To quantify the strength of suture fixation of knotless suture anchors in relation to the anchors' pullout strength and to compare these results with the static friction between different sutures and anchor materials...
- Controlled laboratory testing of arthroscopic shaver systems: do blades, contact pressure, and speed influence their performance?Karl Wieser
Orthopaedic Department, University of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthroscopy 28:1497-503. 2012....
- Experimental loss of menisci, cartilage and subchondral bone gradually increases anteroposterior knee laxityKarl Wieser
Orthopedic Department, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:2104-8. 2012..We hypothesise that joint degeneration, however, may influence the anteroposterior knee laxity. Therefore, we set out to test this hypothesis simulating a progressively 'degenerated' joint in an experimental cadaveric setting...
- Total hip replacement in patients with history of illicit injecting drug useKarl Wieser
Orthopaedic Department, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:1037-44. 2012....
- Trochanteric osteotomy in primary and revision total hip arthroplasty: risk factors for non-unionKarl Wieser
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Forchstrasse 340, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:711-7. 2012..However, non-union represents a clinically relevant complication. The purpose of the present study was to identify risk factors for trochanteric non-union...
- Deltoid muscle shape analysis with magnetic resonance imaging in patients with chronic rotator cuff tearsDominik C Meyer
Orthopaedic Department, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Ramistrasse 71, 8006, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:247. 2013..We set out to analyse the size and shape of the deltoid muscle on MR-arthrographies, and analyse its influence on shoulder function and its adaption (i.e. atrophy) for reduced shoulder function...
- Retraction of supraspinatus muscle and tendon as predictors of success of rotator cuff repairDominik C Meyer
Balgrist University Hospital, Orthopaedic Department, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 40:2242-7. 2012..The structural failure rate of rotator cuff repair can exceed 50%. Important predictors for repair failure are preoperative fatty muscle infiltration and myotendinous retraction...
- Relationship of individual scapular anatomy and degenerative rotator cuff tearsBeat K Moor
Department of Orthopaedics, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 23:536-41. 2014....
- Precision of targeting device for subtalar screw placementMichael Betz
University of Zurich, Department of Orthopaedics, Zurich, Switzerland
Foot Ankle Int 33:519-23. 2012..It was hypothesized that a specifically designed targeting device would reduce radiation exposure while improving screw placement when compared with the conventional "free-hand'' method...
- Standard axillary radiographs of the shoulder may mimic posterior subluxation of the lateral end of the clavicleStefan Rahm
Department of Orthopaedic, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse, Zurich, Switzerland and Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Orthop Trauma 27:622-6. 2013..The purpose of this study was to assess the reliability of identification of anteroposterior displacements of the AC joint on standard axillary radiographs of the human shoulder...
- Quantitative analysis of muscle and tendon retraction in chronic rotator cuff tearsDominik C Meyer
Orthopedic Department, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 40:606-10. 2012..However, it is currently unknown to what extent the muscle and tendon contribute to the degree of total retraction. Further understanding of this may possibly influence the strategy of musculotendinous reconstruction...