- Recovery of severe sciaticaF Balague
Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:2516-24. 1999..A prospective study of patients with acute severe sciatica...
- Non-specific low back pain in children and adolescents: risk factorsF Balague
Department of Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hopital Cantonal, 1708 Fribourg, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 8:429-38. 1999..Current epidemiological data on LBP is summarized as well as the role of the major risk factors according to studies published in the principal peer reviewed journals interested in the topic...
- Low back pain in schoolchildren. A study of familial and psychological factorsF Balague
Service de Rheumatologie, Médecine Physique et Rééducation, Höpital Cantanol, Fribourg, Switzerland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1265-70. 1995..The results of a survey organized in the school system of the Swiss canton of Fribourg. An original questionnaire was developed for this study are reported...
- Recovery of impaired muscle function in severe sciaticaF Balague
Hĵpital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 10:242-9. 2001..The manual muscle test is a crude clinical test. For more indepth muscle performance evaluation, additional testing may be necessary, especially for those patients with physically demanding jobs or activities...
- Cross-sectional study of the isokinetic muscle trunk strength among school childrenF Balague
Cantonal Hospital, Fribourg, Switzerland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:1199-205. 1993..In this cross-sectional study, anthropometric and strength profiles were significantly related to age and gender. Non specific low back pain was not correlated to trunk muscle strength and/or sports activities...
- Lumbar disk herniation: are the symptoms relevant for surgery?F Balague
Service de Rhumatologie, Hopital Cantonal, 1708 Fribourg, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 15:575-6. 2006