Kevin J Acheson
- Effect of a thermogenic beverage on 24-hour energy metabolism in humansServane Rudelle
Department of Physiology, Lausanne University, Lausanne, Switzerland
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:349-55. 2007..On the 3rd day, 23-hour energy metabolism, extrapolated to 24-hour, was measured in a calorimeter chamber. Blood pressure and heart rate were measured, and total day and night urines were analyzed for urea and catecholamine excretion...
- Diets for body weight control and health: the potential of changing the macronutrient compositionK J Acheson
Department of Nutrition and Health, Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Nutr 67:462-6. 2013..The present review considers the evolution of our diet and questions whether high-carbohydrate diets are indeed synonymous with health...
- Protein choices targeting thermogenesis and metabolismKevin J Acheson
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Clin Nutr 93:525-34. 2011..Dietary proteins stimulate thermogenesis and satiety more than does carbohydrate or fat; however, less is known about the differences between protein sources...
- Carbohydrate for weight and metabolic control: where do we stand?Kevin J Acheson
Department of Nutrition and Health, Nestle Research Centre, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nutrition 26:141-5. 2010..Hopefully, future studies will indicate whether diets with a more equilibrated macronutrient composition than presently recommended are more appropriate for body weight and metabolic control...
- Metabolic effects of caffeine in humans: lipid oxidation or futile cycling?Kevin J Acheson
Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Clin Nutr 79:40-6. 2004..Caffeine ingestion stimulates both lipolysis and energy expenditure...
- Carbohydrate and weight control: where do we stand?Kevin J Acheson
Nutrition and Health Department, Nestle Research Center, P O Box 44, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 7:485-92. 2004..However, in spite of such recommendations the prevalence of obesity continues to rise. The present review evaluates recent scientific evidence and attempts to reach consensus on the confusion of weight-reducing diets...
- Dairy calcium supplementation in overweight or obese persons: its effect on markers of fat metabolismMurielle Bortolotti
Institute of Physiology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Clin Nutr 88:877-85. 2008..Dairy calcium supplementation has been proposed to increase fat oxidation and to inhibit lipogenesis...
- The fat:carbohydrate energy ratio of the weaning diet programs later susceptibility to obesity in male sprague dawley ratsYasaman Shahkhalili
Nutrition and Health Department, Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Nutr 141:81-6. 2011....
- Intramyocellular lipid stores increase markedly in athletes after 1.5 days lipid supplementation and are utilized during exercise in proportion to their contentMonica Zehnder
Department of Clinical Research, University and Inselspital, 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Appl Physiol 98:341-54. 2006..5 days. During subsequent exercise, IMCL decrease in proportion to their initial content, partly in exchange for peripheral fatty acids...
- Interaction between dietary lipids and physical inactivity on insulin sensitivity and on intramyocellular lipids in healthy menRodrigue Stettler
Departement de Physiologie, 7 rue du Bugnon, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Diabetes Care 28:1404-9. 2005..To assess the effect of a possible interaction between dietary fat and physical inactivity on whole-body insulin sensitivity and intramyocellular lipids (IMCLs)...