- Expression of the forkhead transcription factor FOXL2 correlates with good prognosis in breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifenPia Wegman
Department of Clinical Medicine, School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Oncol 38:1145-51. 2011..The results further strengthen a possible binding of FOXL2 to aromatase promoter I.7. Nevertheless, whether FOXL2 is a direct activator of aromatase requires further investigation...
- Genetic alterations in the K-Ras gene influence the prognosis in patients with cervical cancer treated by radiotherapyPia Wegman
Division of Clinical Medicine, School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:86-91. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate possible mutations in exon 1 and 2 of the K-Ras gene and to assess whether K-Ras mutation status had prognostic and predictive significance and were linked to clinicopathological parameters...
- Wwox expression may predict benefit from adjuvant tamoxifen in randomized breast cancer patientsAnna Göthlin Eremo
School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, SE 70182 Orebro, Sweden
Oncol Rep 29:1467-74. 2013..31, 95% CI 0.10-0.98 and HR=0.28, 95% CI 0.08-0.97, respectively). Our results indicate that patients with high expression of Wwox may gain more benefit from treatment with tamoxifen...
- The mitochondrial transporter SLC25A43 is frequently deleted and may influence cell proliferation in HER2-positive breast tumorsElisabet Tina
Clinical Research Centre, Orebro University Hospital, SE 70185, Orebro, Sweden
BMC Cancer 12:350. 2012..In HER2-positive breast cancer there are most likely unexplored proteins that act directly or indirectly downstream of well established pathways and take part in tumor development and treatment response...
- Conformational enantiomerization and estrogen receptor α binding of anti-cancer drug tamoxifen and its derivativesLi Gao
Orebro Life Science Center, School of Science and Technology, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
J Chem Inf Model 51:306-14. 2011..For TAM and its main metabolites, the effects of the stereoselectivity of ERα are overcome by the low energy cost for helical inversion between the two torsional enantiomers, estimated to be ∼3 kcal/mol...